View Single Post
Staria
\(@O@)/

Penpal

Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 PM

Leah nodded at Tal but said nothing. She was not particularly interested in this side of the business. This was simply the only legal option for her she found palatable to explore the seas. The alternatives were being a rich man’s toy or in the army or a king’s toy, none of which appealed to the independent soul. She’d always been more a pirate at heart perhaps, so for the last few decades had been one on various ships in a just about every role but Captain.

She did, however, observe the guests. The shy woman seemed quite a contradiction, she dressed as one who was use to commanding respect but hid behind her guard like a fearful bird. The other rich girl dressed more subtly but held a haughtiness that better matched the other’s dress, she had a feeling she might not like her. The guard seemed a … typical guard, protecting his charge while differing to her. None of them particularly intrigued her at the moment.

Shay's hesitated as Heiro spoke, uncertain. She knew she should answer him but she felt intimidated by him somehow in a way she could not name. Then again… perhaps it was just the natural ruggedness required to survive the sea? She wasn’t sure… She just knew she felt even shyer around him and could not quite meet his gaze.

As pris spoke she looked up at her, reminded of many of the daughters of her parent’s friends. They often looked down on her… finding her too shy and awkward and sometimes disliking her mother’s passion for fashion that made her dress Shay like a little porcelain doll. To be fair she too loved the boys, lace, and other décor but she didn’t like the attention it drew much. Pris even sounded like many of those girls… so very unlike her own shy and timid voice.

Still, Nereus saved her from having to speak too much as he spoke and motioned to her. She really was starting to like him, even if she felt awkward being called what she was… A lady. It always felt to grand a term for her. She bit her lip but forced herself to look up at the captain and give him a small, shy smile. She nodded and forced herself to speak, her voice as gentle as a soft wind but somehow able to be heard above the sounds of the crowd. A unique talent of the shy, perhaps.

”Yeah…I..I’m Shay. I was hoping to board?”