View Single Post
Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-27-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Ferra, that's a long time. I thought it was like a year max, but I guess I was wrong.

I've been good. Finished my first year of college and now I'm back home taking summer classes and working full time. Just trying to catch up on stuff now that I'm home. Meet up with old friends and visit family that I haven't had a chance to see in a while. How about you?
It actually seems really short to me. :gonk: Which is why I'm considering staying for longer, but that would depend on if I can find a different job. I'm allowed to recontract for up to 5 years, which is what I plan to do. (But you're right, the base contract is only for one year, except you're pretty much guaranteed to get renewed as long as you're not a terrible teacher.)

Yikes, sounds like you have a lot going on. I commend you for working full-time and taking classes! I seriously could not do that. Schoolwork took so much of my time and attention that I didn't bother getting a job during my final two years at university. I'm glad you have time to meet with friends and family, though. What are you studying?

Me? I'm doing great. :) I really enjoy my job, I've been gradually improving my Japanese so I can have proper conversations now (though I'm far from fluent), and I've made a bunch of friends that I have the good fortune of seeing pretty often. In short - life is good.