View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-04-2013, 05:12 AM

His boundless energy showed up in Reid's whirlwind decoration of his room. Paintings on the walls, new sheets and blankets on the bed, his clothes filling his closet, packed in so tightly there wasn't any more room inside for him. The thought made Reid laugh, flip his hair back and go around to his last bag. It was full of what he would need for the year---schedules for not only himself, but for his new eleventh-grade students as well. His grading book, dozens of brightly colored folders he had yet to label, and a planner with concepts for what he would be teaching this year. He taught the way he was taught in college---that writing and art had no set 'rules' and that each person was an individual. Their styles and concepts wouldn't be tossed out, but analyzed for what they, on a unique level, could change to be better or work on to overcome a block. He placed these in his filing cabinet in his office---this year two drawers were empty because the seniors had graduated the year before, leaving room for freshmen to arrive and come to him when they needed help.

As he strung up a curtain over the window, the door to his dorm opened and another teacher entered. Math---specifically, calculus. He was a foreboding man with dark hair, dark eyes, and dark skin, a strong build and stronger jawline, intense eyes that demanded obedience and silently commanded others. But Reid giggled, shaking his head as Marcus Hughes entered and leaned against the door jamb. "The village must be missing you." Marcus commented, twisting a bit of his short hair.

"Bah, they won't mind!" Reid waved brightly. "They can find a stand-in I'm sure!"

Marcus only shook his head. "Ain't no one in this world that can stand in for you."

"Awww, how sweet of you to say!" Reid bounced forward, giving Marcus a bone-crushing hug that didn't seem possible from such a thin man. "So how was your summer Markie? Fun with the family?"

Marcus rolled his eyes as a bell sounded, and he and Reid started out toward the cafeteria on the ground floor. "Those kids are gonna be the death of me." He sighed. "I gotta get you to babysit for a month or two."

Reid laughed as they stepped into the hall. People were running all over, though most of them paused to say hello---mostly to Reid, the most colorful man in the place. "I'd be happy to! What would Camilla say?"

Marcus shrugged. "Probably kill me." Reid snickered, shaking his head.