Thread: Under Control
View Single Post
Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-24-2016, 07:27 PM

She was exhausted now and closed her eyes as she tried to catch her breath but air just wouldn’t come. Was she really ready to die? What if they tortured them first? Through all of her fear Alena was a voice of reason ‘Shh. Shh.’ that was right, if they wanted any hope of living she had to keep quiet, she had to be careful and not freak out. She calmed her breath, slow even breaths, soft and unheard. “No running.” She whispered in a mimic, yeah, no running, they both were to ragged as it was. They needed to kill something tonight and eat it, something with a good amount of meat on it, maybe a larger rabbit, or a deer.

Erika still hadn’t caught her breath either, she was still holding Alena’s hand as she searched for her friend in the dark. The stars would have to guide them from here on out. Stop, think, what was their next plan of action, they couldn’t run around aimlessly. “I’m sorry, I panicked.” She whispered. “We… we should find the river again, follow it to a town there will be hiding places in the town but also food.” They had no money but Erika had seen the lives of the rich, she had no problem stealing from them. She looked to Alena. “It’s going to be okay right? We will be okay?” She just needed to hear Alena say it once and she would be able to calm herself enough to continue on.

It confused her why that man had let them go but maybe he was a sick bastard who wanted to play cat and mouse. Would she ever feel safe? She looked to Alena again as they started to walk slowly. “As soon as the sun starts to rise I will dig us another hole to hide in. Or maybe we will find a good tree.” It had been raining earlier did that mean it was fall or spring? Were the days going to be longer or shorter then the nights, she couldn’t remember. She needed to eat.