View Single Post
Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrastiea View Post
I'm a switch-hitter. There have been a few times where I've played transgender characters too, I like experimenting with the spectrum. I especially liked experimenting with it after a psychology class I took where we talked about the whole difference between sex and gender. Typically I chose what gender my character will be by what feels organic (weird word choice, I know) with what type of character I'm trying to create.
Totally glad you mentioned psychology. :lol: The whole 'sex versus gender' concept plays a huuuge factor into how I even approach questions/remarks from others in everyday life. And specifically in RPing, I love experimenting with gender. I love screwing with others' perceptions of what my character would act like because he's male, etc.

That being said, my favorite characters have been female. In my opinion, I roleplay best with female characters, and the experience tends to be more fun overall. -shrug-

I'm male IRL, for those of you that don't know. :yes:

Of course, I normally keep quite the balance between the amount of characters I have per sex; and in terms of gender, I tend to run the spectrum quite a lot. :lol; Haven't roleplayed any transgender characters, but I *have* roleplayed drag queens, oddly enough. :P

I also greatly enjoy male characters with somewhat muddled gender concepts; I'd consider myself more feminine IRL versus being defined as an archetypal "masculine" guy, although I still find myself moderately wedged in between both ends of the spectrum.

So because of that, I enjoy having my males emulate my own moderation. Feels more genuine and natural to me!

Anyway, yeah. I was raised primarily by four strong-willed women - my mom and her three sisters, my aunts. I would be lying if I said that their influence hasn't affected my writings, both in RP and actual writing. They definitely have. My lack of a dominant male figure in life has also contributed to 'em. :yes: