View Single Post
Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:17 AM

Philoma was quiet, obviously thinking hard, her head bowed slightly to gaze at the hands folded in her lap. Finally, she looked up, her expression pained.

"My... father," she admitted quietly. "When I told him about ending the courtship, even though I tried to convince him it was amicable on both sides... He was furious." Her voice grew even softer. "He didn't believe me when I said I still considered Lord Jareth a friend. He felt I must have been... threatened somehow into saying such a thing."

"My father is quick to jump to conclusions sometimes, especially when it comes to those he loves. I can't believe that my father would do such a thing, though." Philoma looked around at the gathered persons. "He would never stoop to murder."

Her eyes were pleading, trying to be convincing... though privately, Emilie did not know if it was to convince them or herself.

Jareth looked over at the young woman he cared for like a niece, his eyebrow raised almost imperceptibly in a questioning manner. She nodded and looked over at Hathion.

"Well then, I believe we have someone else to question... Thank you, Lady Philoma," she added, turning to the lady who was sitting before her. "You may rest in the small room next to this one, for it seems that the questioning has been hard on you. We won't be able to accommodate you as we would like until this whole... incident is resolved, but please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything, regardless."

Philoma nodded regally; it was apparent to all who were present as to why she did not stand and curtsy. If she had, she would have been in danger of collapsing. "I thank you, Queen Emilie. I will accept your generosity and rest here then, if I may."

Helped by a guard, she slowly, but ever lady-like, made her way through a small, unremarkable door, which the guard shut behind them. Obviously, as she was still a suspect, at least on the surface, they could not leave her completely unattended.

"Bring in Lord Propar," Emilie said to the guards next to the door. They nodded and left, returning soon after with Philoma's father.

"What is the meaning of this?" He demanded. "Where is my daughter? Where have you taken her?"

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 06-04-2013 at 06:17 AM..