View Single Post
Staria
\(@O@)/

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 AM

"I... It is nothing you did" she responded after a moment of shock as she put her hands on his shoulders and attempted to stop him from bowing. She blushed at the thought..... she was not one to be bowed to she didn't think. She cleared her throat and ran a hand through her short white hair in thought as she debated if she should explain. The truth was, however, that she wasn't sure she could. It was the priests back home that made the question so harmful...

Once in school she had asked if animals could have a soul, the priests had promptly given her a beating for questioning the teachings of 'Orriesei' or rather theirs. He had no way of knowing about that... or the scar on her upper back that was left from the beating. Normally Faelira didn't scar but one of the priests had slashed her with an iron dagger, the one substance that made their bodies truly physical and earthly enough to be so harmed, so she would 'remember' the price of her defiance. The other priests thought this going to far and he had ironically been outcast just as she was now...but she still remembered the pain and burning sensation and how her beloved priests had become monsters to her.

"I...I was simply reminded of something, that really had little to do with what you said. there is nothing to clarify or apologize for i promise you." She said quietly as she gazed at the floor and continued to attempt to prevent his bowing. She felt awkward for a servant of a god to bow to her... an outcast, a tainted soul.....a malformed creature from birth, ice born of fire and meant only to die and kill according to lore.