View Single Post
Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:01 AM

"Anything sounds good to me, as long as I get to shower first." Ameli tried in vain to remove the worm saliva from her face and clothes. "Damn, Barf, what's this crap got in it, glue? Barf just clicked happily at her. He seemed to be enjoying her discomfort. They finally reached the only hotel in town. It was a patchwork of tin and broken airplane parts meshed with the original concrete and brick. The building was at least eight stories high, the biggest thing on the skyline for miles. As Ameli looked higher and higher, she noticed that the building was more patched together, a sheet of metal here, a fresh wall of mud-brick there."This has to be the dumpiest town in our district, you know that?, the penthouse is crappier than the first floor rooms. It looks like a three-year-old built this thing out of Lego's, and then ran out of Lego's and started using crap." She couldn't help but be a bit cynical, the human meat-bags staring at her earlier had put her in a bad mood. She was willing to take on anyone or anything that came her way.

They pushed their way inside to a dark room lit by gas lanterns and a moderately sized fireplace. The inside didn't look as ugly as the outside, and the owners had at least tried to restore the place to its former glory. She was saddened by the fact that this part of their district hadn't regained electricity, meaning that her hot bath would literally be a big basin with coals underneath it. 'at least that means I'll have someone in the room to help me get this crap off my face.'
People turned their gazes away from them as they approached the counter, 'smart move' She knew that all of the people were really a bunch of prejudiced cowards, but they had money, and that overcame all social law. She marched to the counter, giving the worn bell a few taps, even though the maitre d was standing right in front of her. She immediately started barking very specific orders, "I need a double bed suite with a large clean bathroom, extra towels and robes, two new sets of clothes, and an order of your finest beef and beverages. Oh, and send up a tray of raw meat for the worm." She motioned towards Barf with her thumb, and watched as the man's face went from slightly annoyed to utterly terrified.
"As you wish, madam, here is the key to your room. Second floor, door number one-twelve."
"Thank you very much." she gave him a flicker of a fake smile, then trotted towards the staircase, and began to ascend.