View Single Post
Nonsensical
Keeper of Keeps

Old 10-31-2011, 10:59 PM

Frei looked down at his newly acquired attire in satisfaction. Sure, it was a little tight, definitely smelly-it had been in the garbage, after all-, dirty enough to make him feel like scrubbing his skin until it bled, and torn in several places, but it would work. I just need to stand tall and act like one of them, Frei thought. He cleared his throat in preparation to tackle on his role only to falter but a moment later. He realized he didn't know how the Nazis acted within the campsite. Are they like little obedient dogs, even in here? Or maybe more like those drunk, nonchalant guards? What if the majority are always cruel and the guards are just an exception? What if they are actually crueler when drunk? What if... Like a tornado, the neverending "what-if's" whirled around inside his head, leaving disaster in its wake. How could I ever think this suicidal mission was a good idea?!

Just as Frei managed to calm his racing thoughts and heartbeat, he looked up to find the previously dirty Nazi striding towards him. Even though the Nazi was young, he walked with such an authoritive air that apprehension struck Frei to the core. Could it be that I've already been discovered? he wondered and swallowed nervously. He had to suppress his usual fight or flight knee-jerk reaction and appear composed. It proved difficult, however, and he couldn't help but size the Nazi up as he came to a halt before him. He was at least six feet tall, held some power in this hell hole, and could more than likely hold his own in a brawl. Knowing this, Frei was surprised to see the soft, reminiscent expression that lingered on the Nazi's face and the tone in which he used to ask him of his name, a tone akin to kindness. How ironic.

Deciding formality was the best path to take, Frei stared into the Nazi's pale blue eyes, held out his hand and said, "My name is Rayne. Who are you?"