View Single Post
Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 10-11-2017, 05:59 PM

Day 1 StoryX

Riley: Hey did you hear that? Little Cecilia has gone missing, I wonder what could have happened to her! That little girl loves candy, she wouldn't be missing now of all times.
Beth: *gasps* Do you think she got kidnapped?!
Riley: No couldn't be! I bet she got abducted by aliens... or worse.
Justin: Don't be ridiculous. Aliens? Pssh. The aliens last visit was a long time ago except when BoqBoq comes by to bring us new items occasionally. They wouldn't kidnap Cecilia, it had to be something else that got her.
Riley: I once heard about this crazy flying bat thing... or maybe it was a minotaur. . .
Justin: You really are trying to come up with the craziest possibilities, aren't you?
Riley: *ignoring Justin* No it was definitely some horned creature of the night that goes on a rampage every 13 years. I remember that being said.
Beth: *nervously* A rampage of what?
Riley: *clueless to the interruptions* They feast on meat and come out during full moons to howl endlessly until their prey is frozen in terror.
Beth: Th-That's just a scary story you're making up, right? Because of Halloween?
Riley: And no one has ever gotten close enough to tell what it is, but it has been seen charging through the woods and flying through the skies hunting its prey every 13 years when it goes crazy and attacks the unsuspecting -

They get interrupted as a distant howl can be heard and all three jump
Beth: Ma-Ma-Maybe we should go get some backup. To look for Cecilia, just in case? *swallows nervously*
Justin: You know... I think I've heard this story before. We need to check the woods for scratches on the trees. You know... just to see if one of these creatures is even around. Not that I think it’s real or anything.
Riley: *suddenly looking anxious themselves* Yeah let's go get backup. I don't think our little night watch crew here is big enough for this task. That monster could be anywhere!
Beth: *trying to be brave* Yeah, let's go get some others and find Cecilia. She needs our help!
The three night watch crew members go off in separate directions and meet up at the border of the woods each with two new able bodies to join them in the search. Riley brought along his sister Paige and his friend Lindsey, though the two are obviously clashing with each other already. Shortly behind them Liza arrives with her boyfriend Jacque, and very close friend Johnny. Justin however has yet to arrive with his two friends.
Riley: Where is Justin? Doesn't he know how serious this matter is?
Paige: *rolling her eyes and pulling out a book to read by the light of the street lamp* Yes, my dear brother, I'm sure that spoiled brat knows just how serious it is to go hunting after one of your monsters.
Riley: Oh good, then he should be here soon.
Lindsey: *snickering quietly to herself* Yes I'm sure Justin is excited to be running through the woods to dirty his clothes.
Paige: *glances over the top of her book to raise an eyebrow at Lindsey* Oh and you are ready to go tromping through the woods yourself dear?
Lindsey: *With a pointed glare at Paige* Of course I am Paige. I've brought the proper protection against such an outing, but a little girls life is far more important isn't it.
Paige: *mumbles almost inaudibly* Like you know what proper protection is.
Jacque: 'Course she does. She's wearing it ain't she?
Paige: *raises an eyebrow and opens her mouth to respond and just shakes her head and goes back to her book. *
Justin arrives on the scene out of breath with his two friends Diana and Artimis.
Justin: I had a hard time finding two people that wanted to help with this goose chase.
Diana: Who says it will be a goose chase?
Riley: Justin doesn't believe me when I said that Cecilia might have been taken by a creature of the night.
Diana: Right... If you're the one leading this crew I can see why it's a goose chase then. Guess I'll tag along, better than sitting around reading more P.S. Herman gossip articles I suppose.
Paige: You read P.S.Herman? What do you think of them?
Riley: ladies we don't have time for this. We need to go hunt a monster!
The nine members of the mismatched rescue crew and all their Menewshan friends head into the woods and find signs that there indeed are scratch marks on trees and large portions of the leaf covering pushed aside like something was dragged through the woods. The size doesn't indicate a child, but many of the members can feel hair sticking up on the back of their necks as they delve deeper and deeper into the woods where they stumble upon a forlorn looking cabin. It's log walls are thick like it has been there for many years, and the cobwebs and moss all over its walls and roof tell the story that it has also been sitting in disrepair and in need of some tender loving care for many years as well.
Johnny: Do you all see that? *points to the front porch*
They all look. Cautiously they walk up under the small lantern swinging from the porch roof in the wind casting eerie shadows on the porch like a flickering flame, to see an orange Halloween candy bowl that looks completely out of place in the surrounding area. It has only eight pieces of brand new candy sitting in it like someone has been here recently.
Jacque: Whatcha'll think? Should we head in?
Diana: Yes, I think we should split up and explore. Make sure we're in decent sized groups though just in case.
Riley: Well I'm going with my sister and Lindsey. I brought them on this monster hunt, I shall protect them!
Justin: Seriously Riley... A candy bowl says human not monster. But fine whatever, seems like a good plan. Split into the groups of who we brought with us, night watch crew leading. The rest of you, decide where you're going.

Day 1 ResultsX

Firepit
You decide the cabin is just not safe to go into. Its old, its creaky. It’s just plum terrifying! The nice abandoned fire pit seems a much safer choice to you. While everyone is inside exploring and getting terrified running into all the massive number of cobwebs likely to be in there, you are content to sit by the fire pit where a convenient pile of wood is sitting to start a fire with. Anyone bring a bucket of water so we can put this fire out when we’re done? No. Better take the fire wood with you than just in case you need to start a fire somewhere else.
(Cozy Cabin)

Bedroom One
It is a pretty simple room with a sweet little round carpet covering the wooden floor at the end of the bed. But there really is nothing interesting going on in here. The most interesting feature is a little cedar chest under a window overlooking the windowed porch that looks like it would be a wonderful place to sit and read a book and maybe talk to the people through the window sitting at the table below it. If only it weren’t so dark and spooky and covered in grime like the rest of the cabin.
(Comfy Corner)

Bedroom Two
A bed, a bedside table, and a dresser. That’s it? You’re completely disappointed in the boringness of this room, it’s obvious from first glance that you are not going to find anything at all. Grudgingly you check the drawers and the mattress that doesn’t even have sheets on it, and finally with a groan, thinking ‘this is hopeless’, you kneel down and take a look under the bed. Much to your surprise there is a pile of gold just sitting there ripe for the picking. No one can say it’s stealing if no one but those in the room taking their share knows about it right?
(+1000 gold)

Kitchen
You have joined the graveyard – See story
(+1 Raffle Ticket)

Living Room
You follow Artimis, Diana, and Justin into the huge living room space. Searching for clues by reaching into the poofy arm chair cushions and searching along the bookshelves lining the walls around the fireplace. Nothing seems to be coming up until someone searches the fireplace and pulls out a feather duster covered in soot. Who would leave something flammable inside a fireplace? That’s so odd.
(+1 Raffle Ticket)

Windowed Porch
Riley, Paige, Lindsey and you explore the windowed porch which is disappointingly empty. There’s a table, a futon, and a bookshelf and a couple lamps. Paige as the librarian that she is feels compelled to poke around the bookshelf where she finds an old book with many pages dog eared, titled “The Migratory Habits of The Horned Lunar Shadow.”
(+1 Raffle Ticket)

Basement
Beth, Johnny, and Jacque decide to explore the basement, mostly on the encouragement of Johnny since he isn’t afraid of the spiderwebs that both of his companions keep jumping at. However what is discovered in the basement is far more terrifying than just a few spiderwebs. It’s thousands of spiders and they’re absolutely crawling with them. You and everyone else decide to just hightail it out of there before you have to step foot in the creepy crawly mess. Though a couple still manage to tag along for the ride back up the stairs.
(Spider Rain)

2nd Floor Bedroom
The upstairs bedroom is really cool with its balcony landing overlooking the living room, but there isn’t anything of interest in it. You poke around in the bathroom and the closet and then growing bored check inside the drawers of the dresser where you find some loose change and nothing else. Not even linens! You pocket the change because it seems highly unlikely anyone is ever going to miss it.
(+100 gold)

Where is everybody?X

-- Firepit
Kent
Superzombiepotatoe
Car’a’Carn
Roachi
Razor
-- Bedroom One
Zigbigadorlube
Professor Lily
-- Bedroom Two
xoxoAngiexoxo
naisou
-- Kitchen
Star2000shadow
Damia Flagg
Xo~GREMLIN~oX
midian
-- Living Room
Mimmu
Suona
Sadrain
musasgal
-- Windowed Porch
Hadsvich
Dragoness129
Eastriel
Velvet
Kay
Gummybearkisses
*hime*
-- Basement
Evilcupcakecat
Nephila
HIM_ROCK
ghostpastry
-- 2nd Floor bedroom
Salvete
DivineHeart
xogizmoox

Last edited by Shadami; 10-28-2017 at 10:29 PM..