View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:00 AM

~ . Aysel Sevda . ~
Astral

"Excuse me, but... what do you mean by 'hot'? Conner does not appear to be on fire, that I can see." A levitating Aysel asked, voice just a bit louder than the noise of the crowd gathered to ensure that her question was heard. Her head tilted slightly to the side as her wide, purple eyes glimmered with a childlike curiosity towards the two girls that had been standing next to her. They had been speaking quietly throughout the training session about the student completing it, and normally Aysel would not have had the courage to jump into it, but this was new earth slang she hadn't heard before. She could hardly help herself.

The girl nearest to her who had spoken stopped mid-sentence to turn to face Aysel, who now floated just inches from the ground so as to fit in with the crowd, but to maintain her own personal comfort. She was certainly more comfortable with doing this than walking, though she was only allowed to do so on school grounds or in private, of course. The other girl's face turned into that of surprise as her friend began to laugh, clearly amused that the other's crush had been announced so clearly. Horrified and angry beyond belief, her eyes narrowed in on Aysel with fury unmatched as she yelled in frustration. "What's it to ya, space freak? God, don't you have some brown-nosing to do elsewhere? Buzz off!"

Aysel's eyes widened in turn, her curiosity dampening as it was replaced by both surprise and a bit of fright. Cowering backwards, she lifted her hands defensively, only to rest one of her palms cross her nose. "My nose is... brown?" She questioned, doubtful of the concept but worried over its probability nonetheless. "I am sorry! I will go do the 'buzzing off' now!" Aysel cried a few moments later, navigating quickly out of the crowd with her gaze cast downwards, palm yet covering her nose for fear of what the other girl had told her. That was perhaps one of the worst reactions she'd earned from people as of late, but it was always a chance that Aysel took when speaking up to ask questions. It seemed that the simplest things to her could make her classmates so... touchy. Once out of the room, Aysel paused in the hall, pressing her back to the row of lockers there and letting out a soft sigh.

Adjusting here had been a difficult task for her, for even though she was a naturally friendly person, she had always had the awkward tendency to wind up in situations like these. Many students at the academy here were much more open towards answering her questions, or at least tolerant of them. Others, however... Rubbing her nose thoughtfully, Aysel lowered her feet to the ground and wrapped her free arm around herself. Others made her sometimes wish that she were not so curious, so naturally observant. It was her only means of becoming accommodated here, however, so she truly felt she had no other choice. Speaking up and hoping others would be open was how Aysel had made her way here, made her friends here, and it was how she would try to continue even after this encounter.

Sighing softly, nose still carefully covered, Aysel's body lifted a few inches from the floor again as she decided to go ahead and float casually down the rest of the hall. "I still do not understand what she wishes me to do... 'Buzzing off' is making a form of apology?" Frowning slightly, Aysel wondered over what she would have to do to redeem herself for that wrong move. Also, who she would now have to ask these questions to. Lifting her gaze from the tiled floor to look about the few moving through the halls yet on their free hours, she searched for a familiar face. She still wished for the questions to be answered, if only to help her understand why she'd gotten such a horrid reaction, and to avoid such in the future.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 09-28-2014 at 09:50 PM..