View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:14 AM

Wrapped up tightly in her own thoughts, Aysel only realized that the collision was about to happen as the other person in her path took a slight step backwards to prevent it. Stopping short of them in the air, she quickly lifted her gaze from the floor to apologize, only to find a familiar face. "Oh, Nis! Sorry!" She spoke in something of a flustered manner as her gaze found his mismatching, yet steady one. While a good portion of her classmates found him to be at least a bit of an intimidating guy, Aysel had never truly thought of him in that way. Perhaps he wasn't the most talkative person around, but he was certainly a kind, loyal friend. As she looked up at him, she even felt her body relax as her thoughts spun out of their vicious spiral and she took comfort in his presence.

One hand still covering her nose, fearful of any truth in the girl's earlier statement, her gaze lowered as he questioned her attitude. Of course he'd been able to pick up on that easily, the two did share a bond of both friendship and abilities that allowed this. It also seemed that he had a knack for finding her when she was down, defending her. Aysel had an unquestionable sense of gratitude towards him for that, for always being there, really, but it was embarrassing at times to admit to these circumstances she found herself in. Who wants to appear so weak, or awkward? "Well... I got into one of those situations again..." She began quietly, though she paused there as she felt his hand move to grab one of hers. They really weren't in the best place to speak in confidence.

Nisshoku seemed to be thinking similarly as he gently tugged her down the hall, her own slender fingers wrapping around his hand in turn as she trailed after him. Slowly, her embarrassment dissipated as her gaze studied after him, finding herself at peace by the time they had reached the library. He was perhaps one of the most understanding people she'd encountered here. Aysel could always go to him when she wanted someone to talk to, train with, or even just for company, to calm her. Starfire spoke often of him to her, and Aysel never had a problem responding to her odd questions or speaking fondly of him, but Starfire's reasoning for doing so had never quite been clear to Aysel. Of course, she was not the only one to ask her questions of the sort involving Nisshoku. Other classmates had as well.

As they stopped in the library, and he again asked her what was wrong, Aysel lowered herself with ease to the ground. Sighing softly, her purple gaze found his again, looking for a moment curiously between his mismatching eyes. She admired them, took shelter in the strength they seemed to provide her. It didn't hurt that they accompanied what she found to be a uniquely attractive face, either. Speaking up a bit more confidently this time, she relayed the happenings of the training room. "I heard some girls talking about Conner... trains under Nightwing? Anyways, one said that he appeared 'hot.' I was not sure why, he was no where near fire or anything..." Her curiosity returned, eyes held a tad wide as her purple gaze remained steady upon him.

Tilting her head slightly as she wondered over it again, she then frowned a little. "So, I asked. She got very upset, told me to 'buzz off', and that..." As her thoughts recollected towards the reason she yet covered her nose, her cheeks flushed a bit. Surely, Nisshoku of all people wouldn't judge her too harshly if her nose had indeed turned brown, right? Even so, she as quite terrified of the prospect of having a brown nose. "Nis, is my nose brown?" She questioned, finally lifting away her hand as she hesitantly awaited an answer from him. This was when their privacy was put to an end. As the door opened, Aysel's hand that yet held his tightened as her gaze drew to the door they'd entered through.

Her lips parted with surprise as the other girl darted in, apologizing and putting forth her strange request. "What-?" Aysel began with a start, but her opportunity to speak came and went as the other went about slipping back behind the shelves in the corner of the library. Blinking in surprise, Aysel's gaze returned to Nisshoku as she was unsure of what to think. Clearly enough, she appeared to be in trouble, but what it was all for eluded her. If only she'd remained in the training room for a couple of minutes longer....

Last edited by Arc Angel; 09-29-2014 at 06:16 PM..