View Single Post
Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 10-01-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
"That these are the days that bind you together, forever, And these little things define you forever, forever."
Grace smiled weakly at Conner, her eyes full of embarrassment. "Oh, god. Would you? Tech is going to flunk me if I get anymore assignments wrong. And then Oliver will - well, be Oliver." Grace assumed that Conner knew who her mentor was, even by his civilian name. How many archers were there, anyway? And the "big guys" new each others alter-egos. It would make sense that their sidekicks knew too. That, and Conner was a genius anyway. Oliver often referred to the Heroes by their alter-egos, so Grace got into a habit of doing it to. Oliver told her it was okay, just not to their faces. Though, he chuckled at the though of Grace saying "Mr. Batman".

"I actually had something that I wanted you to look at." She said grabbing a spool of thick, silver wire. "A new arrow prototype. But... my anatomy teacher took it." She angrily sniped the wire, perhaps a bit too long - she wasn't really measuring. She looked at her book... she had cut the wrong thickness of wire. She hit her forehead with her right had. "Dammit." She muttered.

She was having difficulty focusing.Because of the activity, the class was being rather quiet, as everyone was busy working. A few students that had finished were talking to their friends. Mr. Tech was doing something at his desk. Probably writing a letter to Oliver about her latest disgrace. She was embarrassed that Oliver had the teachers writing to him about her studies. She knew he meant well.

Grace's heart was starting to beat a bit faster, as it normally did when she became anxious. She began drumming on the desk with her fingers, while shuffling mindlessly through the parts with her other hand. She started quietly humming one of her favorite songs.

Quote:
"O-o-h child things are gonna get easier. O-o-h child things 'll get brighter..."
Even though Grace preferred modern club music, she had a few specific playlists on her iPod that she used to calm herself down. Her guilty pleasure was songs from the 1970s, and classical music. Though, looking at her, no one would guess. She knew how to play the piano, a little bit. Her mother had insisted on lessons. Though, it had been almost two years since Grace had touched a piano. Her sole source of music now was her iPod.

Grace's iPod had been a gift from Oliver, after she had protested about not being able to listen to music. For all the rules he had for her, he did listen to her opinions. He'd actually asked her for a list of small things she wanted to make her transition to the school easier, and did his best to supply them. Though, when she jokingly asked for alcohol, he gave her a lecture about it's negative effects on her "growing and developing brain". She smiled at the memory.

"I'm hopeless at technology." Grace chuckled, grabbing the correct wire, measuring it, and cutting it.

Last edited by Wrenji-chan; 10-08-2014 at 07:54 AM..