View Single Post
Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-02-2014, 04:26 PM

Dahlia shot an apologetic look to the students that had gotten caught up in the wake of destruction. She hoped that if she was assigned school service that it would be to clean up the library. Even though Eliseo was the one that had caused the wanton demolition, she felt it was her fault for choosing this location as a hiding place. She could have just as easily hidden somewhere that students would be glad got destroyed, maybe put up a bit of a fight on purpose. ‘I knew I should have hidden in the math department.’

When Eliseo began talking to her again she rolled her eyes, matching her lip movements to the words of the familiar speech “Come now, Eliseo, I know it’s a formality but you should know me better by now, I don’t carry any weapons.” She held her wrists out to him, waiting to feel the familiar weight of the suppressor cuffs. ‘I guess it doesn't really matter what side I’m on, I still end up in handcuffs.’ She sighed, ‘I’m doing this hero thing all wrong.’

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, becoming impatient to leave and get her punishment over with. She knew that Daredevil would have some crazy assignment for her to do as punishment for getting in trouble in school again, she might even have to wear that damnable sidekick costume, which was currently crumpled into a ball at the very bottom of her hamper.

She thought about the first day she became his sidekick, she had threatened to quit several times, but in all of her stubbornness, he always managed to convince her to stay. He said there was a hero in her somewhere, she just had to find out how to let her loose, he even gave her a new name in an attempt to reshape her identity. “Chameleon is a villain,” He said, “but Mirage is a blank slate, a chance to start over.” but now even that name was becoming tainted by her seemingly unbreakable habits.

Dahlia was at least grateful that the staff assigned to the detention center were not all under the immediate assumption that she, or any other student that managed to wind up there, was not inherently evil, they just frequently handled situations in the completely incorrect way. Mr. Drake, otherwise known as Iceman, was a bit of a clown, and did his best to lighten the mood of the detention center. Dahlia often times went out of her way to get him as an overseer during her punishments. He was much better at talking her through her problems than Daredevil, and she felt a weird sort of friendship between them, even though she didn't take any of his accounting classes.

“So what are we waiting for, lets get this show on the road. I've got a punishment to receive, come on, chop-chop.” She pressed her wrists together, moving them up and down in an impatient manner. She was eager to leave behind the shame she felt under the gaze of the students in the library, even though she wasn't as eager to step in front of the administration of discipline. Even their official title sounded to her like a group of uncompromising vigilantes.