View Single Post
Clairefirestar9mm
Caboose :3

Old 12-01-2011, 06:08 AM

Aiden exhaled, leaning back in his chair as Avery rushed the story out to him. "Breath," he instructed his friend. "I believe you Avery, it's alright, okay? Just calm down, you aren't in trouble." He began typing across the panels, busying himself with work. "I've got some stuff to do, but just sit tight. I'll be back in a bit." After saying his goodbyes, he hung up, then called Claire.

"What have you got for me, Alodos?"

"I just spoke to my roommate," Aiden said, as he filled in paperwork. "He saw the body, but he arrived after the murder occured." There was a pause on the line, and then he heard Claire heave a sigh.

"Aiden," she began slowly. She reminded him vaguely of a mother trying to explain something to her child. "I know he's you're friend and all, but... Are you sure we can trust him?"

"Avery's a good guy," Aiden said, a tad defensively. "He freaked out and didn't know what to do, is all." There was another long, uncomfortable pause; Aiden shifted in his seat, pausing his work. "Claire, you said you trust me, right?"

"Yeah," she finally said, after another pause. "I trust you."

"Then trust me on this one. Avery's record is spotless. And I couldn't see any reason why he'd just go and smash some stranger's face in with a rock."

"Alright," she said with a soft sigh. "You're going to have to bring him down to give a formal account of what he saw, but I'll clear his name off the list for now. I'm going to let you go, I'm talking to our forensics guys about getting an identity."

"Alright, you have fun with that," Aiden said easily. "I'll bring Avery in later. Bye."

"Later, Alodos."

He hung up, then leaned back in his chair, staring at the multiple screens before him. He had the nagging feeling that something wasn't right here, but he just couldn't figure out what...... He shrugged, then cracked his knuckles before going back to work.