View Single Post
Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-04-2018, 10:30 PM

When I text my oldest daughter, often times I don't get a response for days...yet I know she is frequently on Facebook, so it's not like she didn't hear or see my text come on her phone.
I realize she is busy with her job and family, but I can go weeks without hearing from her at all...yet she has time to post things on Facebook? (I know about her Facebook activity because Hope's mom tells me about some of the things she posts.)
When I was younger and had 3 kids to raise by myself, I also took my mother in law to cancer treatments and Sarah to physical therapy...and I had a very dependant friend who would have me drive her to places she was afraid to go by herself.
My mom had passed away and my father stopped communication with me so I didn't have parents to talk to or check in with.
The BF gets upset that my kids don't try harder to stay in touch with me because his mom passed away about 10 years ago and he still wakes up each day wishing he could call his mom just to talk to her.
I guess my real problem is that I don't have much to keep me too busy to feel sorry for myself. I get Sarah up and make sure she is fed...then I don't have any other obligations until Sarah needs a diaper change or the next meal time. We just sit and watch TV

The only "friend" I have made at our apartment complex is an alcoholic with an ankle bracelet that tattles on her when she drinks...She has wrecked her own car, and now she has damaged the rental car her insurance has supplied her with...and she smokes inside her apartment (which is forbidden!)...so I figure it's only a matter of time before she gets evicted or winds up in jail. ...Kinda hard to invest myself in that kind of person when I feel like they are going to be gone before long.
The BF has the next 2 days off...that will help me feel better since I won't feel so alone...but even he is so addicted to some game on his phone that he talks to the people playing the game more than he talks to me!
*sigh*
I just have far too much empty time on my hands...and because of Sarah, I can't get a job or do much outside of the house.
I am hoping that we can find a house to rent when our lease is up here...Taking care of a yard and planting flowers and such sounds so inviting!...can't do that in an apartment.