View Single Post
Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-19-2015, 08:44 PM

After finishing his patrol, Ajani headed back home, his immediate plan was to mention to his commanding office, who happened to be his older sister, what had happened and see what she thought. If it was worth bringing up to the counsel of elders he would if she told him. But he really hoped it was something that could be considered a once-off weirdness and then promptly ignored.

He walked back into the village and looked around. There was an interesting combination of tree houses that went up and into the bigger trees in the area, with draw bridges connecting them and huts in and between the bottom of the trees on the ground. His own home was up in the trees, but since he was hunting out Irie, his sister, he stayed on the ground since she preferred to live within the trunk of a large tree.

It didn't take him long to get there and as he did, he passed an assortment of hybrids, from the super colorful macaw and parrot hybrids to the more drab sparrow and dove hybrids all going about there daily business. He smiled, glad things seemed normal and hoped that it'd stay that way for the future and there wasn't some impending war or something with the lizards.

"Irie!" he called, once he'd walked into the door of her home, not bothering to knock, "Something weird happened on patrol today. I need to know if I just ignore it or report it in to the higher ups."

Irie poked her head around the door. Irie, having taken after their mother, was not a bird of paradise hybrid, but instead a lilac breasted roller. She too had the tattoo like feather markings all across her skin, though they were a mixture of light brown and white markings. She had almost a necklace of lilac feathers covering the front of her chest. The feathers on her head her a mixture of light teal, dark teal, and lilac feathers. Her eyes were completely black. She herself looked quite tough, every bit the warrior, despite her colorful appearance. "Hm, Ajana?" she asked.

"I ran into a lizard, a chameleon probably cuz his scales kept changing colors, but he wasn't a warrior. Mostly seemed like a kid on a mission to prove himself. I don't think he was a threat, though he had a sword and was determined to fight me. It was weird."

Irie shook her head, she considered for a second before saying, "Keep an eye on it. If it keeps happening, it'll definitely be a problem, but I don't think we need to raise any alarm bells yet. It's probably like you said a kid. But we don't need the lizards thinking this is something they can do to prove themselves, so if it keeps up, we'll put a stop to it."