View Single Post
psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 AM

RANDOM - Don't pretend you ever forgot about me. Part IV

There she was. I found her almost immediately. She was standing there in the corner again--just as she always had. I smiled to myself. Something's just don't change.

I strode over to her and casually sat atop the table next to her. I smiled at her.

She averted her eyes and pretended not to notice. I peeked around her face. Oh, how cute. She was blushing.

She sensed my gaze and turned around, a bit too quickly. "It's not good manners to sit on the table," she said and then immediately shut her mouth, as if she felt it was an incredibly inadequate thing to say.

"Is that so?" I let a cool smile play on my lips. "Well, I was never one for good manners. You don't seem to be either." I let my gaze linger on her casual, dressed down garb.

She blushed again and turned away from me.

"Hey, nothing to be embarrassed about. You might start a new trend."

This only seemed to embarrass her more.

I scooted closer and leaned over to look her in the eye. "Hey, so what was that act earlier? You not recognize me or something?"

She looked affronted. "No--I mean, I did recognize you."

"Then why were you so cold? Why such a high and mighty social butterfly act, hm? Don't pretend you ever forgot about me."

"I didn't!" She waved her hands as if she could dispel the awkwardness. "I mean I remembered you. It's just that I..."

"Hm?" I tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear. She flinched at the touch. "Yes, you what?"

"It's nothing." She broke away and scurried away to act nonchalant in a crowd of different people.

I sat back on the table and grinned. Oh yes, things hadn't changed. Things hadn't changed at all.