View Single Post
The Ballroom

Old 02-02-2017, 06:45 AM

In Demetri's Shadowlands Castle two service imps are up to mischief.

Mr. Tall: Hey shorty have you heard? Prince Demetri finally went to that boring dump town to get Lise.
Shorty: Oh no. The Ice princess returns. *shivers* She creeps me out.
Mr. Tall: There's going to be a party and we haven't been invited.
Shorty: How rude! Wait... Aren't we the help?
Mr. Tall: That's besides the point. Plus no matter. I got the guest list.
Shorty: Umm, How?
Mr. Tall: Don't worry about that. Just a couple more additions and BAM! We'll be drinking and eating the best things with the best people.
Shorty: Who knew social climbing was so simple! That's why you do the thinking.
Mr. Tall: That's right. I am the smart one. Hmm, let's see here Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Lords, Ladies, a Duke and Duchesses... *stammers on a while reading* huh! ?
Shorty: What is it?
Mr. Tall: Somehow a certain Mr. Mayor and his LOVEly wife Vickie made the guest list...and WHAT? All of menewsha?
Shorty: That's the dump town! Oh no that can't be right. Those folks are magically backwards.
Mr. Tall: Well we better make room for em' or boss will flog us again.
Shorty: That never happened.
Mr. Tall: Well it did in my head and that's where it counts. Where's that room expanding polish, I'll just buff the floors with this we'll be good to get our groove on tonight.
Shorty: We'll be swinging and singing, and alarmin with our charmin!

Shorty dances to close to the table where the magical elixir sits. With one wayward thrust it crashes to the ground shattering the casing.

Shorty: Too much polish TOO MUCH POLISH!
Mr. Tall: What have you done you bloopish bloatmaster!
Shorty: We can clean it up in time. . .

Shorty helplessly watches as the room twists and expands at odd angles. Quick on his feet Mr.Tall grabs another veil and tosses a fine sparkling powder over the floor. The growth stops and it shrinks to a passable size however the angles are still off and they aren't sure where those stairs came from.

Shorty: Maybe no one will notice?
Mr. Tall: Perhaps. If they do we can call it an avant-garde decoration.
Shorty: Works for me.

Last edited by The Ballroom; 02-10-2017 at 01:09 AM..