View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 AM

As the staff began to glow and the God chanted his spell, Horus could feel something happening inside him. At first it made him uneasy, but as it continued, he could feel power rising within him and a mischevious smile came across his face. When it was done, Horus clenched his fists, feeling like a newer, stronger man. He was pleased knowing that the God's saw him a better fit for the throne, and he was going to prove them right.

He blinked after the man for a moment at his statement of 'borrowing' his slave. Typically that would have been unacceptable, his other slaves yes, but Cena was his personal servant of sorts. Horus quickly disreguarded the feeling, with what the God was doing for him, he could use Cena whenever he wanted. Without so much as a thank you, see you in the afterlife, go screw a camel, or have her home by nine, Horus was walking down the hall again, his mission to find and exterminate the Pharaoh underway once more.

As he rounded a corner he saw the Pharaoh up ahead, he wasn't alone. Horus scowled down the hall at the large group. This wouldn't work here, not now. A low growl escaped his lips, he needed to be alone with the Pharaoh. Approaching them swiftly, he stopped before the Pharaoh with a slight bow, "My King," he said, "Urgent matters are at hand, I must speak with you in private right away." Urgent matters indeed.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

Jumping at the sound of the voice, Cena gasped as she reached up to put her hand over her heart. "Talim!" she exclaimed, as she peeked around the corner to be sure they hadn't been heard. She wanted to tell Talim what she had heard, but she had never betrayed Horus before, and knew the consequences should he find out. But then again, the Pharaoh's life was at stake, she would accept any punishment that Horus would give should it be for saving the life of her King.

"Talim, I think my master is planning to do something awful..." she said quickly and very quietly. She glanced around the corner again as she began to shake slightly. Adrenaline from the betrayal and fear of being caught was coursing through her as her breathing became short and quick. She turned to face Talim again as she took a breath and tried to calm her nerves. She needed to tell someone "I think he is going to kill th-" before she could finish the preist appeared around the corner causing her to jump again. Her eyes darted to meet Talim's before meeting his and quickly looking to her feet as he spoke. Something about his presence calmed her, as she almost immediately quit shaking, but she still knew her place.

The feeling she got by the priest's presence was the same as it had been before, and from the exchanged words between him and Horus, Cena knew he was no ordinary man, nor priest. She wanted to turn and run away, run to the Pharaoh and warn him, but for some reason her feet stayed put and her mouth said, "Yes sir, this way." Had that been her speaking? But what about the Pharaoh? She was used to walking behind Horus, but for this man she walked beside him, to help guide him from the palace.

Inside Cena was waging a battle. Her feet moved forward but her heart said to turn around and warn the Pharaoh. She sent a sideways glance to the 'priest', what was she doing? This man was helping Horus and she knew it, snap out of it Cena she told herself, run. Her feet stopped moving as she stared at the priest. Why wasn't she turning around, what was wrong with her? Go! she told herself, but something was keeping her there, it was those eyes... the priests eyes, if she could just push the sight of them out of her mind... Cena squinted hard as she gave her head a little shake, Get out of my head!