View Single Post
zoe.bellederna
Sweet Dungeon Master

Old 12-23-2015, 04:53 AM

She continued to grumble to herself as he spoke to her. She was starting to drift off into her own little world, which was not a good place at the moment. Still, she managed to hear the gist of it, her ears perking up with mention of trades and shiny baubles. She thought back to the room -- Kurako's room -- and the pretty things strewn carelessly about. One of those might of worked as a trade, if they were her's.

Mina sat up abruptly and quickly patted her pockets after mention of the key. Where did she put it? It was quite heavy and easy to find, once she stopped being so frantic about it. She turned a little and pulled it out of it's hiding place in her tunic. "Uh, sorry about that," she said as she put it on the table between them. "I guess I was so hungry I forgot. I did remember to lock the door, though."

She started settling into the same position, arms crossed on the table, as she saw his arms reach out, hand closed. She gave him a curious mewl and look as coins fell from his hand. Is that for me? He -- Kurako, was taking care of me. Talis had said it, and so this nice man was. As he confirmed her thoughts, she smiled and did her best to hold back the purr that was starting.

"I... Thank you, Kurako," she said with joy. Much like her purr, which almost managed to get out of her mental hold as she had to pause her speech, she held back the urge to pounce on him and hug him. It had been a while since she's been treated kindly so openly. It brought back some old feelings from years past that kept her thoughts warm and fuzzy.

Mina seperated out the coins into the amounts Kurako said, five silvers for the food which she left on the tray, two gold which she set aside from the rest for a room, and the rest for... She couldn't think of anything to spend the remaining gold on, save for food for however many days she would be here. Wait. Her thoughts took her full attention as she started to stare off in some direction she didn't pay attention to.

How long would I be here? This place feels safe, not like the places I've been... I think I should be fine here a few days with that much gold, but what after that? If I stay here long, I'll have to do something other than sit in this tavern doing nothing.

She thought for a moment before turning to Kurako. "So, this gold should last a few days, right?" she asked.