Thread: I need pointers
View Single Post
~Black Petals~
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 PM

My commentaries on how to improve:
Role play with quality literature in mind and rp often. :) Its like anything else, the more you practice a skill (hopefully) the better you become. Through various experiences and encounters with other roleplayers, you can learn through seeing examples from others. Not saying to copy another person's style of role playing, but adopting good habits and recognizing how to interact with others. Have fun, be creative and if you feel like it, go ahead and switch up your character if you like. (ie. If you normally play a warrior, play a mage/magician. If you're comfortable, try playing a different gender and/or age that is younger or older than you normally practice) Also, the key to a fun role play is sticking to the traits and characteristics assigned to the player. Then again that might just be my opinion, but it makes the character more believable through the limitations that we've set. :) (its like being in theatre and playing a role, only, the role is the one we've set and we need to stick by the role we've set)
Keep in mind the story/plot and have fun!