Thread: Beautiful Beast
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-10-2016, 01:54 AM

Shail couldn't lift his head from the pillow. He didn't know how to face Gemini. Even with his eyes squeezed shut and his mind frantically searching, the day before came in only dream-like fragments. He wanted to tell Gemini that it didn't happen. The image of that pure white horse danced in his mind, the one unhazy thing from his memories. He remembered Gemini's voice at points, that horse standing there, regal against the sands. It's fur felt warm against his cheek. Beyond that, he couldn't remember anything past first collapsing at the rock outcropping. Half of what he could grasp, he wrote off as only a dream, including the beautiful white horse. Nothing more than a grasping for hope before Gemini found him. Even if logic offered one more explanation, he refused it.

Finally turning his head so he could speak, Shail looked at Gemini. "I'm sorry." He bit his lip. She sounded tired and distraught. Over him. But what could he say? Nothing honest wanted to come out his mouth. "I can't promise I won't do it again because....I'm really stubborn..." he managed to say, faltering at the end.