Thread: Beautiful Beast
View Single Post
~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-13-2016, 05:16 AM

A beast. The words stung, even though they were nothing new. She knew- had always known- that the humans thought of her as a monster. She had worked hard to make that reputation for herself, and to keep it that way. But...why? She remembered when the humans came to her territory. Their settlement was little more than a few tents at the time, but still she had disliked their presence.

She had started harassing them in small ways, just to show that this was her land, and they were just trespassers. Then she found that pranking them was fun, and kept it up. After a while, it became second nature. It got worse when they became curious about her. Their village grew, and it became clear that they wouldn't be leaving. Their children, and sometimes even adults, would come to her cave. She felt threatened...frightened, even. So she scared them away.

A few hundred years later, they had a long standing agreement that she wouldn't harm them as long as they wouldn't invade her caves. This came about after a man had walked in to find her sleeping once and tried to trap her in a bottle. He didn't survive the encounter. She hadn't meant to kill him, but the villagers didn't understand that. So they struck up a deal. Gemini sighed. Even thinking it over didn't give her a clear answer.

"I am not sure why." She said finally. "Perhaps it was easier, to keep them away from me. I..." She couldn't say it. The idea was so strange to her, even as she realized how true it was. She was afraid of them. She didn't know why- she was a djinn, far more powerful than they were. There was no reason for fear. But something inside of her still feared those humans. "It has been so long, I can't really remember the reason."