View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-08-2014, 10:51 PM

We have a wiener!

sjacklene: has correctly guessed all three references. ;D

The first was found in the guidance counselor's office.

Quote:
[Michelle Myles] was a troubled teen, but there was nothing that would've forewarned the awful things she would go on to do. Not like this kid Carson Weiss, who went crazy one prom night back in the 70's. His file is nuts.
An allusion to Carrie White, the girl with psychokinetic powers in Stephen King's book/film Carrie.

Quote:
You do read up, though, on a woman named Frieda Krueper, who killed a bunch of kids in the neighboring town of Springleaf. She sounds like a nightmare.
Found in the news archives.

A reference to Freddy Krueger, the antagonist from Wes Craven's A Nightmare of Elm Street, and the town of Springwood where he inhabited the dreams of his victims.

Quote:
"July 1958 -- I've settled into my room here at the Rose Wood orphanage. Only after unpacking my belongings did I allow myself to heave a sigh of relief. A new start in a new town. I pray Haverfield will be good to me. After what happened last year, I left Diamond Lake and vowed never to return. But in my dreams I can still see Jane, thrashing about in the water. It haunts me."
Hidden in the matron's diary, a sneaky reference to the slasher film, Friday the 13th. Jason Voorhees, who would later become a hockey mask-wearing killer, drowned at the camp in the town of Crystal Lake in July of 1957.

Yay! Thanks for playing!

And... don't hunt me down if this doesn't come true, but the final results should be out tonight. ;D