View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-20-2018, 02:23 AM

February 19
Prompt: Last Photo Taken

random picture of the campus quad bc otherwise this would've just been my selfie again. xD it was a really grey, rainy day so it's not a very pretty picture, but i tried to make it aesthetically pleasing.

Color of the Day

Spanish Word of the Day:
Fiel - faithful

Avis of the Day:

Selfie of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
I'm calling out, I don't really care for your city anymore.
I spend the night, I lay awake and miss you when you go without me.
What's wrong with you? Monday, Monday, Monday...

Coloring page done today:

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: Page of Swords

Quote:
With perseverance, a spirit of observation, and curiosity, the Page of Swords studies and enquires into the situation, accumulating experience in order to be prepared when the situation, which is now tranquil, could change. This arcana propels us therefore towards prudence, waiting and calculating carefully the various elements in the case of unexpected events or exams.
Advice of the Dead: Be prepared by evaluating all the possible openings or outlets through which the situation could degenerate and vent.
Note: it's true, i've been preparing during this tranquil time by doing a lot of my homework in advance so i'll be ready when things get harder.

The Wild Unknown: Father of Swords

Quote:
Fair, Analytical.
Like all the swords family, the Father has a gift for perception. He has a distinct ability to remove himself emotionally from a situation, so that he can truly see it from all angles. He is therefore respected by others, who usually describe him as fair or just. He’s a responsible man with deep ties to his family.
Note: i have been pretty removed from my emotions lately.

Twin Peaks: 8 of Cups

Quote:
Focusing on personal truth, looking for answers, concentrating on what is important, devoting more time to the spiritual. Realizing the current cycle is over, letting go, starting on a trip of unknown length. Feeling drained by demands, dragging through the day, lacking energy, becoming burned out, getting weighed down by worries.
Note: i'm feeling the last a lot, trying to stave off becoming burnt out. i think this card's suggestion is that i should break my current cycle and focus on what is most important, which is my spiritual growth and my health. School is important, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not the most important thing.

Homestuck: 10 of Wands

Quote:
Maintaining the empire you’ve created, leaving little time to reap the rewards of your hard work. The task at hand has been brought to completion, but requires much upkeep and continuous emotional and mental investment. The subject may need to work on entrusting others with some of their workload.
Note: sounds right.

Rider Waite: 2 of Pentacles

Quote:
Juggling, Flexibility, Fun.
There is nothing quite like the feeling of being graceful and effective at the same time. On the Two of Pentacles we see a young man dancing as he juggles his worldly concerns. The infinity sign loops around the two pentacles to suggest that he can handle unlimited problems. In the background we see two ships riding the waves easily – cruising the ups and downs of life.

In readings, the Two of Pentacles lets you know that you can juggle all demands made upon you. In fact, you will relish the excitement of every hurdle. If you do not feel this level of confidence right now, this card asks you to believe in yourself. You have all you need to meet your every goal and more. Embrace the challenge.

The Two of Pentacles also reminds you to be flexible. You must be agile if you want to prevail. Don’t force your way through or you will be cut down. Now is not the time to be rigid. Know that sometimes a side step, or even a back step is the surest way forward.

The Two of Pentacles is also a symbol of fun, laughter and good times. It is definitely a high-energy card. If you are feeling tired or depressed, this card may be a sign that greater vitality will be yours. If you are feeling revved already, the Two of Pentacles could be a warning against overstimulation. Be sure you get the rest you need so that you can enjoy the up energy of this card.
Note: feelin this!

Diary entry:
didn't do yoga again this morning. :/ i could've woken up earlier, i was pretty lucid when my first alarm went off. ghh. i'll try again tomorrow. Sparks was being really sweet this morning. when i got out of the shower and opened the door she ran in and yelled at me like three times. xD she loves being in the bathroom with me, it's so weird. most of the time, she won't let me pet her, but if she's in the bathroom i can pet her all i want and she doesn't run away. then i went to campus and worked on my spanish homework, which was really hard!! we're conjugating irregular verbs in the past tense and it's just like @_@ there's no sense to it, you just have to memorize them. i should make flash cards but there are just so damn many. luckily spanishdict has a fun game for conjugating preterite verbs, so i'm gonna try that. i'm trying not to think about all the other forms we're gonna eventually have to conjugate for. learning a language is so hard. ;_; phonology was really fun today, we started working on interpreting data sets and finding underlying phonemes and writing rules for allophone distribution. it's going sooo slowww tho. maybe it's because i already have experience interpreting data sets from when i took morphology and syntax, but i feel like i'm two steps ahead of the class lmao. i'm just excited for when we start incorporating distinctive features, because that's when it's gonna start getting challenging for me. didn't go to the GSRC like i was planning to because i didn't feel like it and also i got food on my shirt so i couldn't bear to be seen that way. xD i can't have people knowing i'm a slob! i also worked a lot on avi contests and a coloring contest. i don't wanna do more stats homework because i have to ask for my teacher's help to progress from here, but i'm gonna have to. sigh. but now it's time to eat dinner and go watch some Parks and Rec! :0

Last edited by ghostPastry; 02-20-2018 at 02:38 AM..