View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-07-2015, 04:08 PM

February 7, 2015

This week has been kind of hellish. I am once again sick. I thought I would make it through work yesterday and ended up being sent home at 9:30. I was so feverish I had my huge winter coat on and was still chattering my teeth and shivering LOL. I didn't realize I was feverish - I thought it was just cold inside.

I got to see the Piano Guys in person on Thursday Night. I would have had a better time if I wasn't getting sick during it (I had, at that point, started getting sick)....but I still had a lot of fun. They are a really fun act to see live. They are incredibly talented.

And I loved that my boyfriend and I both had students in the audience (we are both music teachers...I teach elementary music and he teaches high school band/orchestra). One of my cellists in my strings group was there with his family. I had showed my students a video of The Piano Guys: Cello Wars last year....this kid went home, told his mom he wanted to learn cello. So he took lessons all summer and is now in my intermediate group as a 5th grader (usually it's for 6th grade only). He practices every day. And this kid broke his FEMUR the 4th week of school this year (yes you heard me correctly...his femur) and he said "at least it wasn't my hand...because then I couldn't play cello!). I am a proud teacher :)

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 02-07-2015 at 11:01 PM..