View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-07-2018, 02:44 AM

February 6
Prompt: Met Your Doppelganger?
i saw a semi-doppelganger at the superbowl party on Sunday! he looked like me but with stubble and longer hair in the middle. so, he looks like what i think i'll look like in the future.

Color of the Day

Spanish Word of the Day:
Esquiar - to ski

Selfies of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
And if you took to me like a gull takes to the wind
well, I'd've jumped from my tree and I'd've danced like the king of the eyesores,
and the rest of our lives would've fared well.

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: Knight of Cups

Quote:
We have reached a goal and the end of an experience that will leave us richer and independent. The Knight of Chalices therefore represents a conquest, but he is also an intermediary, the messenger of good news or an invitation to challenges and initiatives to be taken on with strength and will.
Advice of the Dead: Abound totally in your emotions and feelings as you are about to reach an important target and no negative sentiment should disturb you.
Note: i wonder what the target is… i still feel like i’m at the beginning of my journey. i see this card more as the invitation to challenges and the good news that i will be able to face those challenges with strength and passion.

The Wild Unknown: Father of Cups

Quote:
Diplomatic, Open-Minded.
The Father of Cups has a truly unique and dynamic personality. He's the most feminine of all the fathers within the tarot and usually a patron of the arts. He's a dignified man who supports his family and community. The only thing holding this man back are his deeply rooted insecurities; they are vast and affect his personality in many unpredictable ways.
Note: i feel that!

Twin Peaks: II The High Priestess

Quote:
Withdrawing from involvement, being receptive to influence, becoming calm, waiting patiently. Using your intuition, seeking guidance from within, trusting your inner voice, opening to dreams and the imagination, being aware of a larger reality. Opening to what could be, seeing your hidden talents, letting what is there flower. Looking beyond the obvious, remembering something important, sensing the secret and hidden, acknowledging the Shadow.
Note: something i’ve been working on a bit in therapy (with plans to work on it more), and a recurring theme in what i need to work on in myself. even just taking 5 minutes to do mindful yoga and 45 minutes to do my tarot is a start on the path towards getting more in touch with my higher self.

Homestuck: 7 of Wands

Quote:
Although it is nice to revel in the accolades of the Six of Wands, nothing that good lasts forever. Eventually the time comes where one must defend what one has gained, at all costs. This card indicates that the subject has the strength to fight for what they think is right, even though it’s difficult.
Note: oh no! i guess this shows that today is kind of the turning point where my classes actually become challenging and i really have to fight to excel. which i will.

Rider Waite: VII The Chariot

Quote:
Victory, Will, Self-Assertion, Hard Control.
Picture Julius Caesar riding his chariot triumphantly into Rome. He has defeated his enemies and conquered vast, new lands. This is the spirit of the Chariot. Card 7 represents the victories that are possible through willpower and self-mastery. A military image is appropriate for the Chariot because this card stands for the strengths associated with combat – discipline, grit, determination and assertiveness.

The Chariot represents the positive aspects of the ego. A healthy ego is one that is strong and self-assured. It knows what it wants and how to get it. We can get annoyed at someone whose ego is too healthy, but we often turn to that person to lead us through difficult moments. We know he or she won’t be wishy-washy.

In readings, the Chariot often appears when hard control is or could be in evidence. At its best, hard control is not brutal, but firm and direct. It is backed up by a strong will and great confidence. The Chariot can mean self-control or control of the environment. This card also represents victory. There are many types of wins; the Chariot’s is of the win-lose type. Your success comes from beating the competition to become number one. Such moments are glorious in the right circumstances.
Note: this pairs interestingly with the 7 of Wands Homestuck gave me and the Knight of Cups Santa Muerte gave me. i feel triumphant, even at the beginning of the semester, because i feel like i’ve figured out study structures that will keep working throughout the semester and that work really well and efficiently at the moment. i’m excited about learning and feel a little bit like a champion. my ego is in check though, i know learning won’t always be the easiest thing and i know for sure that i’m not the best in the world, but i’m proud of my ability and my progress so far.

Diary entry:
woke up to Bigs cuddling me, did my 5 minute morning yoga and did all of my tarot in the morning! except for my notes on the cards, which i finished after therapy. therapy went well, i mostly talked about how excited i am about school, but we addressed some of my issues too which is always good. prolly gonna work more on system stuff next session? then i went to class which was stressful today because i was thinking about how i'm having issues scheduling tests with the disability center and it was really hard to focus. there might not be school tomorrow because of the snow, and that really bums me out. i love phonology.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 02-15-2018 at 08:23 PM..