View Single Post
The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-18-2017, 05:44 AM

This is definitely an interesting thread to me because it's part of my job to learn about and know these things.
I would recommend Drugs.com for links to any medications, that is what I use at work. (Just don't read the side effects list... believe me sometimes you don't want to know)

Trifluoperazine - This one is interesting because it's the only one I don't recognize. It seems that with Trifluoperazine you can drink alcohol though the Ziprasidone and Trazadone both say drinking alcohol can be dangerous or fatal. I couldn't see anything on why Trifluoperazine is rarely used, though the Brand of the drug has been discontinued.

I looked at the information regarding food intake on Ziprasidone. It seems that the amount of food you eat can affect how well your body absorbs the drug (bio-availability). I used the National Center for Biotechnology Information for this info (.gov site).

Edit - so I asked a pharmacist about Trifluoperazine. Apparently the reason it is not commonly prescribed is because of issues that could arise if the patient could not handle the medication. Though it sounds like you weren't having any of those complications which would be why you are on it.

Last edited by The Wandering Poet; 04-19-2017 at 04:45 PM..