View Single Post
monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 04-21-2017, 05:59 PM

I'm on more medications than I care to list.

But the big ones people might have questions about:
Dronabinol (Marinol)
Latuda
Intuniv

I take the dronabinol for nausea and a lack of appetite. I have severe untreated gastroparesis. The medications they put me on to try and treat the motility problem all either failed me or made me sick. So they were like, "Have you ever smoked weed?" And I didn't really answer...and he continued. "This medication is pure THC, its rare to give it out to people w/ your condition being so young, but I think its a good choice." It was in fact a very good choice. I still get sick sometimes, but to a way lesser extent, and I *actually eat things and can enjoy them* whereas before I felt like everything I ate was chewy cardboard (or it reminded me of vomit). It doesn't get me "fucked up", but I can confirm the first few weeks of taking it I felt "extra silly." (its been years now)

Latuda I take because I have paranoia, anxiety and delusions all related to my bipolar disorder. It makes me a lot less crazy. I love it. Side effects were bad at first, so I'm on a slightly lower dose than the standard, but it works REALLY well even at that point, so dudes, if you're ever on latuda and it gives you chest flutters...give it a few days because that usually goes away, and if it doesn't, talk to yo' doc.

Intuniv is a medication usually reserved for children and adolescents, but I was having problem taking stimulants for ADHD, so my doctor switched me to this. This is probably one of the meds I know least about. I take it before bed, and wake up in the morning feeling more attentive and weirdly "in control" of my brain space. I'm not quite as hyper which was giving me anxiety, but on the other hand it doesn't slap me in the face and go PAY ATTENTION.

Edit: I also am not really worried about being over medicated right now. I was on the verge of killing myself with out it. And if these meds kill me one day OK. But I would not be here today without them.

Any questions please @ me.

Last edited by monstahh`; 04-21-2017 at 06:07 PM..