View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-05-2013, 07:39 AM

Selective mutism was something Reid knew of perfectly well. He had spent five years barely speaking, making public school especially difficult. But he might have doubted the autism diagnosis. Behind those eyes, he could tell Terry was more than normal. Something in his life had pulled him in and refused to let him go, refused to let him come out of that shell. But Reid wasn't a doctor. He would probably be laughed at by a true doctor. So he shook his head. "I know perfectly well who did this." He stepped forward, pulling a pen from the cup on Ben's desk and scrawling down the names of the boys, with Brycen being the topmost.

"Bryce." Ben shook his head. "He's never learned, but... I suspected he was never foolish enough to harm another student."

"I presume he has a problem with authority. No doubt he has underlying anger issues that need to be addressed as well."

"Well, that will be up for his parents to take care of. He and his little gang won't be back on these grounds as long as I'm around."

Reid nodded, glancing at Terry. He was just like Reid not many years ago. Just about everything about the young man spoke to inner turmoil that he bit back, refused to put on others, even those that wanted to help him. If Reid hadn't found him, perhaps he would have done what the teacher was forced to do over the years. "If that's all, Ben...?"

"I'll need you to come back tomorrow, during lunch, Reid. You know what happened, so I'll need a more specific detailing then, when I bring in the boys' parents."

Reid nodded, and Ben let them go. Reid brought Terry along, out of the circular room and into the small sitting room outside.