View Single Post
Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Queen of Charity... Crazy

Old 02-21-2015, 02:32 AM

About this Charity

Most things will remain the same as they were the previous two times around. After all, if I intended to work from a wholly different concept, I would not have named this thread At the End of the Rainbow III but rather "Newfangled Charity" or such. However, some things may change or take a while for me to start back up. For those of you who are familiar with my old charity threads, this post will probably contain little to no new information.

For first-time visitors as well as people who have only sparingly visited in the past, the below overview may be useful:
  • Rainbow Newbie Welcoming Packets.
    Joined recently and want some clothes to get started? For that, take a look at post five. Click on the link I just gave you, or scroll down, then read the requirements. All requirements and instructions for applying can be found there.
    I reserve the right to not give out such a packet for whatever reason, though such things will usually only happen if you do not actually meet the requirements; if you have behaved in such a way as to be barred from my thread or if my charity’s funds are extremely low.
  • Contests and Games
    I will also host a contest or game once in a while. There are multiple kinds of contests and games, which are listed here below.
    First there are the smaller, impromptu games – such as my trivia games, or the “first to quote this post”-games – which will not be listed in the contest post--addlinkwhendone,'k?. If you are around when I decide to host one, you can just jump in unless I actively state otherwise. There generally are no preset requirements, other than an ability to follow Menewsha's and this thread's rules, nor are there entry fees for such games and contests.
    Beyond that, there are the larger games and contests. These include things like art- and avatar-contests and are listed the contest post. These may have preset requirements and entry-fees, though they not always do.
  • Luck-based: lotteries, raffles and pageprizes
    Although they could be seen as games and contests, raffles and lotteries get a separate post in this incarnation of At the End of the Rainbow.Add link when done. The exact details differ from raffle to raffle, so if you want to know what if anything is ongoing, take a look at the above-linked post.
    There are also pageprizes. They usually take the form of “first person on page ... gets ...”, but it can also be something like “the first five” or “the ninth”, etc. Pageprizes can come in a variety of forms: gold, items, art, tickets to a lottery or raffle, to name just a few. They can usually be found in the subject line, but if a pageprize is still quite a while ahead, I might also add it to the Luck-Based Post.
  • Random Donations
    Once in a while, I see someone posting and I just decide to donate to them. This can be from charity or personal funds. It might be to help with a quest, it might be because I saw them help others around, or because of something else they did that I can appreciate. As has been said, it is random. There is no way to apply for them, or specific requirements to follow.
  • A Quester a Week and A Helping Hand
    So you are questing, and you could use some help? You’re not too great at any of the games and contests I offer, perhaps, and have been around too long to apply for a Newbie Welcoming Packet?
    I might be of help. Look at A Quester A Week, which can be found in post six for the details, requirements and all.
    Ah, but maybe you're not applying for yourself? You know someone who could use some help, who deserves a bit of kindness and donations? In that case, look for the A Helping Hand post--add link soon, where you can nominate someone else for a donation.

||Introduction and Rules|About this Charity|About Me and My Accounts|News|Welcome Packets|A Quester A Week|A Helping Hand|Contests & Games|Luck|Reservedx4||

Last edited by Silenia; 02-24-2015 at 01:34 AM..