View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-08-2015, 08:30 PM

Tarek relaxed a little as the creature--faun--introduced herself. So faun was what she was, not her name? He offered a small smile as he received that as well. "Well, it is nice to meet you, Holly," he said. "And yes, I am human." A second later, he dropped his hand and forced himself not to sigh. Obviously she did not understand the gesture. Either it was something they only did in Suntar or only a human thing. He couldn't be sure which.

Watching her warily, he twisted his body slightly to keep Holly in view as she circled him. Although he didn't really think she would hurt him, she already man handled him once so he'd just try to keep an eye on this unpredictable creature. "You don't know why those men were trying to hurt you? That is very troublesome. I don't know the customs or people of this area at all," he admitted with a sheepish smile. "Um..." he started when she sniffed him, but he gave up, not sure how to ask what the faun was doing.

Tarek shook his head and backed up a small step to give himself a little more space. How should he explain this? How much should he explain? "Let's just say I came here looking for some answers. I've looked and studied everywhere I could in my own homeland so I've come to ask the people here. I can only hope that the people here will listen to me." He sighed and turned to look back in the direction the other humans last passed. He didn't much want to deal with people like that, but he felt sure the answers he sought could only be found there, not here in the forest. His tone still distant, he continued. "It is...very important."