View Single Post
KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 03-03-2012, 01:55 AM

Heiro chuckled at the red-haired chef but said nothing as he watched the guests venture about the small dinning room, his eyes following Priscilla as she swayed again and moved to sit at the table. His eyes narrowed slightly at her father's reaction, his disapproving look typical of western men. They always seemed to blame a women for their bad image, it was disgusting.

He quickly righted his features when the man turned back and wandered over into the kitchen area to take a closer look at the food, but could not help but throw another contemptuous glare once his back was turned again. He could play nice with the man, he had to to get his full payment for the journey, but he had a feeling he wouldn't warm up to the man.

He was about to turn and go to Priscilla's side with the others when Karlin stepped up. Her words honestly did not surprise him, there were plenty of people who were curious about his nature, and plenty more who found themselves attracted to him. The term "moth drawn to the flame" suited quite nicely.

"You know I would be happy with anything you cook up, Karlin." He said coyly with a smile, voice low in an attempt to keep their small conversation private as well as get his meaning across. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I do have a tour to attempt to finish." He said, giving a slight bow of his head before walking over to where Shay, Nereus and Priscilla were, hands held casually behind his back.

"Lady Priscilla," he called as he put a soft smile back on his face. Once the brunette had raised her eyes to look at him, he would press a bit more of his energy onto her, adding to the effect of his voice. "Perhaps we should move on away from the kitchen if the smells are upsetting. I'm sure once you get away from the heat and have another ginger chew you will feel much better." He said, his voice soothing. He couldn't make her any less sick, but the glamour could keep her from concentrating on it so long as he stayed near her.

He felt a twinge of guilt from abusing his power like this, but he needed the company to continue on the tour as soon as they could, the burning pain in his stomach was beginning to make his throat dry with need. Plus, there really was no harm in using a bit of glamour, he wasn't using it to sway any choices or force anyone against their will, he was just comforting a despairing woman.