View Single Post
EltiaskWolffe
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-03-2014, 12:52 AM

Wolffe's mind went into overdrive suddenly. Something buried deep down under layers of concealed memories bursted into his consciousness, taking control of his actions. He observed Matthew as he took Protegée's head in his hands, somehow knowing what his former comrade was trying to do. He also knew, though, there was little he could do to prevent it from happening. His mind rushed, focusing on what he could do to stop him right there and then without giving him a chance to escape. A low growl escaped his lips as the hunter crouched out of instinct, not realizing what his body was doing while his mind still analyzed the situation. He could see Ferris' body changing, becoming similar in appearance to his own. At the same time, he felt his feral rage growing by the second. Of course, that was what he was after for so long. "Even after I got dragged into the whole experiment, he still felt threatened by me..." A short grunt came from Wolffe's lungs while his right hand hovered over his knife. He unsheathed it and held it firmly, still observing Matthew's movements. When he tossed Protegée to the ground, the hunter growled angrily. Yes, she was a burden, but still the real issue was between former comrades. There was no need whatsoever to drag into the equation innocent people.

"You suffered because you have always been weak, Ferris. You know that," Wolffe spoke angrily as he leaped forward and tackled the former Marine to the ground, survival knife held tightly in his right hand. He was surprised at the amount of strength Ferris was using to push him away, yet it was nothing he couldn't control. A few seconds into the brawl, everything became a blur of fists, kicks, hair, and even uttered curses. The hunter felt Ferris clawing at his skin, just like a feline would do. This fact sent him into a feral frenzy he had never experienced, punching and kicking with a strength he never even knew he possessed. At one point, he heard the typical sound of bones breaking. His eyes wandered to Ferris', only to find his pupils completely dilated in pain. He quickly scanned his face and found the source of the cracking: his jaw. With his left hand, he punched once more on the same spot. Matthew stumbled backwards, unable to articulate properly. Wolffe used this to his advantage, tackling him down once more and pinning him to the ground. Even though Ferris struggled to break free, and Wolffe was having a hard time trying to keep him there, the hunter managed to subdue him.

"Listen well, you sonuva," Wolffe said as he held Ferris' hands with his left hand, quickly placing his knife over Ferris' throat, "You want to know what really sets us apart? I never asked for this. I went into the program expecting nothing because life never gave me anything. In your obsession to become better than everyone else you've found your doom. Can't you see it? You're still no match for me, even with all your enhancements," Ferris struggled once more, trying to break free. This time, though, Wolffe pressed his knife deeper until blood began to flow freely from Ferris' skin. A dark and sinister smile curved the hunter's lips when his mind registered once more fear coming from Ferris. Now it was fear of him, of the man he used to torture seven years ago. "Your story ends here, you pathetic try of soldier. You never had the guts to fight someone alone, you never knew how to stand up for yourself. Pathetic," Wolffe then took his knife and dig it all the way down in Matthew's neck. Blood came gushing out of the wound, a bright red blood which mirrored Ferris' intense heartbeats. The hunter repeated the process on the other side of his neck before raising his knife and showing it to Ferris before he finally faded away. "It's over. Even after all you put yourself through, you were never enough."

Wolffe kept pinning Ferris' body to the ground for a few time, making sure the bastard had indeed died. He couldn't feel pulse or breathing, and he knew his mind had already faded away. Still, he was willing to take the extra time to make sure that lame human being was finally out of the game. Five minutes after he last perceived Ferris' fear, he let go of the body and moved aside, resting his back agaist a nearby tree trunk. His knife fell to his right, still dripping rubies, yet he made nothing to get it back. He was still trying to process everything, to understand what had just happened, when he remembered Protegée. "Oh, crap." Shakily, he took his knife, cleaned it on Ferris' clothes, and stumbled all the way to where she was lying. The hunter hesitated, not sure what he was trying to do. Alive? Yes, she was alive. Aware of his presence, though, he didn't now.