View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-08-2020, 04:15 PM

Surprised by the hug, Key didn't react besides to draw in a sharp breath. He'd become so wrapped up in his own world of the past that he forgot Priscilla stood in front of him. Priscilla, of all people, would understand this part of him. When she pulled back, he couldn't help but give her a wavering but bright smile. "Somehow, you're the one that makes me feel lucky though. You say things like that as if they don't mean anything but most people, try as they might, say what they might, they still can't reorient their world to fit a person like me into it. I'm a hard concept to grasp."

Even to himself, Key found his own identity something difficult to describe. It took most of his life to define it and even then, he still found it constant shifting, reinventing itself in order to fit new people inside. Was Priscilla also one of those people he would end up reinventing himself around?

He grasped her shoulders and pulled her in for another quick hug. "Thank you for asking, but I've never cared that much about my pronouns. I'm male and was raised as one. I used to consider if I wanted to think of myself as something other than 'he' but I'm so used to it now that it feels right. Even if I say things like I'm a male princess...they're both valid, but I'd say my identity as male feels more relevant."