View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 PM

Scratching his head as he rolled from from his spot of slumber, the drow hid a yawn below blinking up at the finished picture. "Probably should add that she's around 5-foot 6 or 7 inches tall. I would put her under 140 pounds, too. Maybe as a warning to those who find her to be wary of her deceptive abilities. She's like a drow, only she's not. I wager she's half-human and half something else." Now standing, he stood over Mae and stared at the picture. "From her know-how and wits, I would say she's been stealing for a while now. Might want to have someone deliver this picture to people who have recently lost precious items. I wouldn't label her a murderer, though. Just a thief who would kill if someone did get in her way. But she's rather capable so I doubt she's really had to bloody her hands."

Glancing over at Kev who was now sitting up in bed, the drow nodded toward the image. "Ever seen someone like her before? Or know of humans who can wield magic?"

"A magical human? Hmmm, besides being a mage or witch, she could be an alchemist or a rune magician." The knight ruffled his hair before popping from the bed and inspecting the image further. "For lack of better terms, I would call her a mystic -- a magic user. But if she's not magical, then she would just be human." Eying Saith, the brunette asked a bold question. "You sure she didn't just give you the slip?"

"Heh, I've yet to meet a mere human who could out smart me. Remember, I'm a stalk of the night and the master of the forest. There's no kind that can navigate a forest better than a drow or elf."

"What is the veil on her face for? Do you suppose it's the source of her magic?" His hand reached out to touch the drawing, as if it would help him. "Such an odd thing to wear," he whispered.

"I'm not sure she wore it." His voice fell silent for a moment. "I sat right next to her. She was close enough to touch. From where I was sitting, it didn't look like that was some accessory." Saith bit his lip. "But it's possible it was special effects makeup at its finest. Unless it was a burn." Brows furrowing, Saith started pacing as he tried to pull up the memories of this woman. "Perhaps it's a tattoo?" It seemed the most logical thing right now so he would run with that. But who would run around with a visible tattoo and steal things. Was it recent? Or was she that bold?

"We'll find her one way or another. We'll reclaim all she's stolen and we'll make certain she never steals again." Gripping Mae's shoulder firmly, he offered her a smile. Doing the same for Saith, he gave the drow a grin too. "But we won't do any good if we don't fill out bellies and head out soon. She's probably got a good few days ahead of us. We don't know where she's going, but we can put up warnings in this village. We can investigate, too. If anyone's lost anything magical and rare, odds are, she was already here."

"Since when are knights detectives?" Saith's brow raised as he was impressed with the human. "But I do like the idea of collecting some data. If we can find the local sheriff or governor, we can see if she's been through here. If she hasn't, we can warn the the people. We'll also know that she didn't come this way."

After their exchange of ideas and thoughts, the two men turned to the priestess and awaited her final say. Regardless of what they wanted, they knew Mae was the final word in all the decisions. From here on out, they were a team.