View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-29-2014, 05:38 PM

It was nice to see her smile, but it was even nicer to know that he was the reason her face was aglow with a grin. A part of him was moved by her radiance, almost swaying at her staggering beauty in the moonlight. Why had he never seen her this way before? Perhaps the sun kept her secret. Maybe the sun was not really her friend, but an enemy who tried to blanket the woman was harsh light. Was the sun jealous of her? The sun should be for Mae's beauty, despite being of the sun, was more like that of the moon. The two, Mae and Moon, were both mysterious and calm. They were never ablaze with rage nor did they falter or fuss. So why was it that she worshiped the sun?

Unable to find a voice, he watched as her face shifted from joy to one of indifference. Was speaking freely to a man not of nobility against her rule? Would she be damned by opening up to him? He didn't intend to be putting her in any sort of danger. Had he been a quicker man of the tongue, he might have uttered off "Don't tell me unless you find it fit." However, he was too slow and her lips parted to reveal what kept her awake at night.

When she began, there was almost a dry, darkness to her story. It bothered Saith immensely and he didn't know why. Why did it matter her past? She was rich and well-loved now! Who cares if she were from a prison and abused.

He choked.

How could his mind betray him? She was so vulnerable and weak, yet she trusted him. She confided in him. And all he could do? Judge her. Label her a priestess. See her for nothing more than her title and fortune.

As the night was broken by the sound of a lover's quarrel, Mae retracted and seemed to fold back into her mysterious, quiet ways. He had so many questions but feared the jaded words he would utter so he just silently stared at her fragile form.

Mae rose and dusted off the flecks of moonlight. His blue gaze followed her. Those reflective blue eyes seemed lost but soon vanished beneath his blinking. When he rose to join her, the drow kept his orbs closed. His eyes could deceive him; they made him see her only as someone of nobility and fame. He needed something much more precious to do what he needed now. He needed to rely on touch.

It probably just looked like he was tired and pretending to fall asleep, but each step was calculated with perfection. Ears picking up his location and feet feeling the earth for her weight, he skillfully swept forward and caught the white elf in his arms. Had the look on his face not been so at peace, one might have assumed he was trying to kidnap the woman. However, everything about him was kind and soft. As his arms wrapped around her in a warm embrace, his lips found her forehead.

He spoke not a word but when his azure eyes opened, he planted a simple kiss just blew her hairline. Lips pulling away into a smile, he took her hands into his own.

"Just a few moons ago we met as enemies. Although they say people cannot change, I would like to think that our meeting has done something for the both of us. Don't you worry about your past," his hands cupped over hers. "Let me worry about those demons. You focus on what really matters -- restoring peace and light. Keep yours eyes on your people and leave the darkness and blood to me."

Giving her hand a light squeeze, he released her before stepping away and turning his back to her. "Whether you like it or not, I'm not leaving your side." He smiled to himself and whispered. "Up until now, my life had no purpose. Now it does. I know what I was born to do." Glancing over his shoulder, he gazed down at Mae.

"I was put on this planet to protect you."