View Single Post
AGhost
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 AM

"Lack a strong crew?" Evelyn felt insulted, but was careful. It was much too early in the voyage to start fighting. That was a fact she had to remind herself of as she stood, moving to the door.

"You have been misinformed, Major. I can see why you might think I am understaffed- it is because I only run as many crew as I think I need." She motioned for him to follow her, and then continued down the halls.

"Despite our current mission, The Cour Valant has been used primarily as a Privateer vessel. It's made to intercept enemy star ships and liberate them of their cargo. During skirmishes, she's been a blockade runner, and on occasion protect the Company's freighters. Since her main mission, however, is to Privateer, I carry a light crew. Few hands, bigger shares. The men and women under my command understand they work harder for more money."

Graceful. She had to be graceful. Letting out a breath, she came to an intersection, hung a sharp right, and was instantly in a steep stairwell. Hands on either railing, she slid down the stairs, her feet not touching the metal.

"However, since Marines aren't supposed to be taking cuts off the top, I'm sure their help would be appreciated. If you give me a duty roster, I can make sure to assign them some sort of work.

As for the jacket- well, a friend left it over at my house. He never came to get it, and it's plenty warm." That was the closest he was getting to the truth.

They came to the shuttle bay, and she paused. "If you and your men will follow me this time, I only want to go through their orientation once."

The men, thankfully, had at least been useful enough to get the cargo unloaded from the shuttles, and Eve pressed against the wall to let her sailors by with the last case, leaving the Marines still in the shuttle bay.

Once again she turned to walk- slowly this time, expecting the Major to keep up.