View Single Post
LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-11-2016, 03:48 PM

Clark frowned. "Telling you to wake up? The sun's been up for hours already, unless royalty aren't held to some type of schedule." He got up from the bed and walked over to the princess. He knelt down, not minding whatever linen shift she was wearing (although if he had to be honest, he had shot a glance or two while she was asleep) and sighed. "I'd rather you not make such of a fuss while you're on my ship," he mused, pointing over to the food on the table. He told her about breakfast but then asked her if she could point out where her father lived. It was a while since he got involved in such affairs and lately his mental map was only composed of ports and tropical islands to hide out in.

He warned her that if she lied, it would be a waste of supplies and funds, and who knows what else would hit this ship on the way. "I can't guarantee your safety while we're at the mercy of the waves, but I'm probably the best protection you could have during this whole thing."

"Please, go ahead and eat."

Ariel took note of his demeanor as he tried to get himself off his bed. "I should pro'lly say the same to you," she quipped. She tidied up a room a bit, dumping what's left of the bucket and the drink out the porthole. She got a whiff of the salty air and stood there a moment to breathe it in. It was a scent that she hadn't encountered in weeks, if you didn't count port smells. This smell was devoid of land, just pure, salty water. Closing the porthole, she moved the medicine chest to a corner of the room and told Gerard that if anyone else wanted to be treated, they could be directed to her. She'll do whatever to get in all their good graces, however that may be.

"We should probably get you something to eat, getcha' strength up." She offered a hand after she placed one on his forehead, checking for the fever. It seemed to have gone down, but anything could happen. "Hold on, before that.." Ariel knelt down in line with his chest to check on the stitches. They looked like they were intact, but to make sure, she ran a finger through them, lightly touching his skin. Her face is furrowed in concern, but they looked like they would hold for now. "Alright, let's see if we can get some food."