View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-14-2018, 04:34 AM

January 13
Prompt: Silk Scarves
i've never owned a silk scarf! i like the texture, but i don't know if i'd like it around my neck all day. plus, it'd be too shiny. i do have a really thin fabric (i think cotton?) scarf that is kinda like a silk scarf in that it wraps around your neck in the same way, but i hardly ever wear it because the weather is only good for it like two times a year. xD

Outfit of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
Evade my intellect, feed into my introspect.
Wrap your words around my brain... driving me insane.
You found the real me, save my inner being.

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: Page of Swords

Quote:
With perseverance, a spirit of observation, and curiosity, the Page of Swords studies and enquires into the situation, accumulating experience in order to be prepared when the situation, which is now tranquil, could change. This arcana propels us therefore towards prudence, waiting and calculating carefully the various elements in the case of unexpected events or exams.
Advice of the Dead: Be prepared by evaluating all the possible openings or outlets through which the situation could degenerate and vent.
Note: I love how the sword here is represented by a pen. I'm totally feelin' this card today. It's the calm before the storm. Right now I've got all this time on my hands to update this memory jar, do art and tarot, keep up with all my websites and everything, but in less than 10 days I start back at school again and I'm going to lose all that time, so now is when I'm preparing myself to figure out a way to balance my studying with all the other fun stuff.

The Wild Unknown: 2 of Swords

Quote:
Blocked Vision, Stalemate.
The Two of Swords depicts two opposing forces that have reached a stalemate. You cannot progress forward with either a relationship or a life decision. There's an answer that's being blocked-- maybe by choice? Many times this card will indicate you do not wish to face the truth the light will reveal.
Note: Another swords card today! Interesting. This has gotta be in regards to my career. I don't know what I want to do with my degree in Linguistics. I know what job I'm gonna get after I graduate; that's not an issue. But is there a way I could ever pursue my dream career? Will I just settle for working for the state my entire life? I'm sure I'll enjoy what I do-- I find a way to enjoy everything I put my mind to-- but will I ever be able to really pursue my passion once I'm done with school? That's the question I can't-- and don't want to-- answer.

Twin Peaks: Knight of Pentacles

Quote:
Someone who is unwavering, cautious, thorough, realistic, and hardworking. But can also be stubborn, unadventurous, obsessive, pessimistic, and overwork themselves. They will not quit, and they keep true to their personal convictions, but may be obstinate and refuse to listen to reason or to compromise. They are prudent and careful, at the risk of being too conservative, waiting too long, and settling for safe, small gains. They are meticulous and never leave a job half-done, but sometimes just don't know when to quit and insist on perfection. They assess circumstances candidly, and are not lured by false hopes... but this tends to mean they lack hope at all, and see the glass as half-empty, ending up concentrating on what's going wrong rather than what's going well. They become dedicated to tasks and tackle any chore vigorously, but can forget to have fun and cut loose.
Note: Hey! This is the card I associate with myself! Awesome. :D
This works well with the Page of Swords I drew in Santa Muerte. It's a reminder not to focus so hard on my schoolwork that I forget to let myself relax and have fun that doesn't require so much brainpower. I never feel like I've studied enough or pushed myself as hard as I possibly can, but this card is a reminder to leave well enough alone! I felt like I relaxed way too much last semester, and guess what? I got all As! Proof that I really did work hard, because they were not easy classes. This also works well with The Sun I drew for Rider Waite, which says that my hopes for myself may be too lofty, and that I shouldn't push myself too hard. It's all about balance.

Homestuck: 6 of Cups

Quote:
The emotional mirror to the Five of Cups. Where there was once loss and regret, there is now appreciation and joy. This card concerns the joy obtained from reflection and nostalgia. The healing power of memories, nostalgia,
and old friends.
Note: So accurate. I've been thinking a lot about past memories and old friends, especially here on Menewsha. It used to hurt too much to think about, but now I'm at a place where it's healing. I still don't think I'll ever be able to fully forgive myself for the fallings out I had with certain friends, but it feels nice to remember the good times we had.

Rider Waite: XIX The Sun reversed

Quote:
Reversed: Negativity, Depression, Sadness; Upright: Joy, Success, Celebration, Positivity
The Sun reversed indicates that finding the positive aspects to a particular situation may prove to be difficult. The clouds may be blocking out the warmth, and preventing you from feeling as though everything is on track. You may have experienced setbacks that have damaged your enthusiasm and optimism and have perhaps led you to question whether you can really achieve what you have set out to achieve. You may be feeling depressed, sad or left out. You may be reluctant to proceed and you are no longer enjoying what you are doing. Your direction and path ahead may have become clouded or distorted in some way. Nonetheless, the Sun is never a negative card, so this is only temporary. The obstacles you see can be easily removed if you put your mind to it. It may just take a little more effort than usual.

On the other hand, you may be being too positive. That is, your perception of a particular situation is overly optimistic and unrealistic. You do not have a good sense of yourself and what you are and are not capable of. You may have become egotistical and out of touch with whom you really are. You may not be being truthful to yourself and to others, instead trying to talk yourself up when you know you cannot deliver. If this feels like you, then ask others for feedback and to give you a ‘reality check’. Are you being unrealistic? Is what you have set out to achieve actually achievable? Are you really as good as you think you are?
Note: I'm going to interpret this as the second option. Perhaps I'm being unrealistically optimistic, like I think everything is magically going to be so much better as soon as we move to our new apartment. I've got these goals to get all A's in my classes, go to the gym or do yoga 3 times a week, be more social and make friends here, clean the house every day, do my tarot every day, do at least 3 drawings every week... and maybe it's not all attainable, at least not all at once. Or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself in being excited about it all, and I should calm down until it's closer to the move-in date. I have been having trouble sleeping and calming down lately...

Diary entry:
went to yoga at the LGBT center. it was the first class and it wasn't well-advertised, so i was the only person there besides the teacher and his husband, but they were both really nice so i didn't feel really awkward about it. and they've only been practicing yoga about a year longer than me, so it seemed like we were at the same difficulty level. and it was an hour long, but it really only felt like 30 minutes! i was surprised. the teacher gave me his number after too and said we should get coffee sometime because i had told him i'm new to the area and don't have any friends, so that was really nice!

then Scout and i went furniture shopping and it went REALLY well! we found a couch we agreed on, a bedframe for me and a matching dresser, a nightstand for me with usb ports built in, sheets for me and pillows for both of us (we both liked the same pillow! xD) a couple potential mattresses for Scout, a bedframe for scout, and a TV stand with a built-in fake fireplace. so, all in all, a very productive day! we didn't buy anything yet (obviously, because we're not moving till April at the earliest), but apparently they'll hold the items until we're ready to have them delivered. so now i've decided on basically all of my furniture. i think the only thing we have left to find is chairs for the bar that's gonna be where we eat. and then Scout's got some more stuff left to find for his room cuz he's picky.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 01-15-2018 at 02:06 AM..