View Single Post
Staria
\(@O@)/

Penpal

Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 PM

The sound of the door caused her to look up and quickly she realized he hadn't actually touched the door to do so. Her ears flicked back slightly in curiosity but she said nothing about it. He moved with such certainty... Perhaps he was expecting to meet someone there? She didn't know for certain but she did know that the one thing she didn't expect was the one thing that did. He approached her of all people! She flushed slightly at the way he seemed so formal and his words so kind, his voice so intimate sounding. He acted like she was some sort of queen rather then a cursed, out casted, creature.

"Honored? I... I am sure it is the other way around. I am Uranaya Helceon. You may call me Nara as my name is long...I... I am very happy to meet you....er...What is your name?" She asked quietly, as she fought off her puzzled blush. She bowed to him slightly, inwardly wincing. Not addressing him as either 'honored guest' or his name after the greeting was considered very rude in her culture but english wording and semantics left no way to do so without knowing a persons name. She frowned beneath her hair a moment before she stood fully again. She studied the handsome man and briefly wondered why he was singling her out. She searched those mysterious purple orbs for some kind of answer.

It was not that she distrusted him...no. The only reason the powerful ice spirit had her burn scar was because she trusted to fully to often. It was simply that Nara hated not understanding something. She always felt the urge to puzzle it out and explore.... it was one of the reasons she'd met the only man she'd ever loved and ultimately been cast out for that love. Faelira were secretive creatures and bringing home a Crraymi, or outsider, was simply not allowed.