View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-22-2015, 04:56 PM

Tarek's purple eyes narrowed into a glare at the way Holly laughed. What a miffing thing to do! And yet, he couldn't really stay angry at her because she looked so carefree and happy. It took everything he had not to laugh as well. "Are you always like this?" he muttered with exasperation.

The mood and the laughter did not last though. As they both turned serious, he stood awkwardly next to the berry bushes, not sure how to tell her no. "I'm sorry," Tarek whispered. For almost a minute, he couldn't think of anything else to say. Holly sounded so sad after all that laughter and he did not want to be the one who caused it. It felt too wrong. "I will come back. I promise it to you. Here-" He held out his pinky finger toward her. "If we twine our fingers together and say a promise, neither person can ever go back on it. And I promise that tomorrow when the sun reaches its highest point that I will come play with you. Every day at that time, I'll come visit. But now, I really have to go."

He waited, hoping that this little gesture would come her fears. As a man of extreme loyalty, Tarek fully intended to honor his promise no matter what.