View Single Post
Viveka
:3

Old 01-13-2017, 09:51 PM

Hi everyone!

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted on Menewsha ... Mainly because I started a new job at the beginning of November, and it quickly consumed ALL of my time. I have an hour's commute each way (if I'm lucky and there's no traffic) and between that and cooking dinner and trying to keep the house relatively clean, I'm lucky to have any downtime at all.

SO.

Life is not going very well right now but I'm going to try to come up with a positive twist to each unfortunate situation, because that may help me feel better

I have been feeling nauseous all week. No fever but constant nausea, indigestion, and reflux. My weekends are usually super busy with errands and chores so I decided to stay home sick today, although I felt really guilty about it, and hope I don't get chewed out by my supervisor on Monday. (I doubt it, since he's amazingly nice and there HAS been a stomach flu going around the lab.)

I took sleeping pills and have been asleep most of today. Fortunately, my stomach seems to be doing a little better! I guess taking the day off was a good decision after all.

My fiance is on the verge of losing his job. He's been cranky and stressed out, and so have I. I was taught from a very early age by my father to always worry about money, so even though we have a little bit saved up, it's hard not to feel like we're about to become homeless.

On the plus side, if he loses his job we may have to move back to the Southwest, which sounds great to me! I hate the cold, snow, and ice Besides, I'll be close to my old friends from high school- and closer to my family, too, if that happens.

In any case, even if he does manage to keep his job, he's looking for a better job now, and will quit once he finds a new one. He really isn't happy in this position so maybe getting fired is for the best. I just hate that his supervisor seems to have it out for him, like he's trying to find excuses to fire him. How can people like that sleep at night? We're young and poor and scared.

Life goes on, though. And all this will be over soon, one way or the other.