View Single Post
Viveka
:3

Old 01-25-2017, 11:26 PM

Ugh, so since my last post my fiance has been doing better at work. That's really good, and I'm glad I can afford food again without feeling guilty.

On the other hand, I got into a car accident today. I was driving on a side road and the other driver, who was approaching from the opposite direction, hit a patch of ice and swerved out of control. Every time I close my eyes I can see it happening over and over again. I pulled as far over to the side of the road as I could, but when I realized I couldn't get out of the way, I just slammed on the brakes.

His car was fine - just a dent in the front bumper. I'm fine. My face and legs are bruised from the airbags but it's better than the broken nose/teeth I'd surely have if I hit the steering wheel instead. I have no health insurance, so I'm lucky I wasn't injured. Our car got pretty beat up in the collision. It's in the shop right now. I miss my baby :(

My supervisor told me to take off as much time as I needed from work, so I went home after we got everything cleared up with the insurance/tow service/rental car. I'm going back to work tomorrow, though. Work has been slow this week, but I'll hopefully be able to start a new project tomorrow.

I have really bad cramps (:x) so tonight I'm just going to rest, drink water, and play video games. My fiance has been so sweet and supportive this week, even though I was in a lot of pain yesterday, and even though I wrecked his car today :(