View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 05-10-2008, 09:19 PM

35. Walk

My feet carried me though I knew not how. Many hours ago I had lost feeling in them from the cold, but still I plodded on with my purpose. They had taken me into the square of a rather prosperous village. Water would have bubbled in the square's fountain had it not been frozen.

At the thought I pulled my cloak closer to me and looked around at the lit windows of the little houses. They were warm with a yellow light that told tale of the warmth inside. A door opened behind me and I could feel the heat waft out, turning to steam with a touch from the freezing air. It was not the only thing that froze.

A large brawny man stood in the doorway. His arms were folded over his chest. Even though I could not see his face from the light around him I knew that he was glaring at me. "You want something Shieto?"

I took a slow step back, shaking my head slowly.

"Your kind are not welcome here so git before I do something about it."

I turned away to leave knowing there was no point in trying to resist. No, Totsu had made sure that my kind would forever be outcast from the rest of society. Who would trust one of the breed that had killed our prior king? And yet it could almost be a could thing. At least know one ever tried to get close enough me to discover that I was the convict. I was the one they were all looking for. I simply had to wander and survive.

My feet carried me through the lit brush and into a clearing in the trees where warmth and sound wafted. The familiar songs of my people reached me and I stepped in to be greeted by them. They welcomed me easily and invited me to sit and be warm. They never questioned, never thought that the one responsible for their misfortune was there among them.

No, as long as I keep wandering no one will ever know who I am. As long as I keep going Totsu will never find me.