View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 07-03-2015, 11:50 AM

She had sort of expected him to just barge in the council room like he owned the place. From what she knew of Saith, that's what he'd do usually. So, knocking came as surprise and as she welcomed him in, Mae's eyebrows were slightly raised, gaze expectant. What she was preparing herself for, woman wasn't entirely sure herself. Some kind of disaster, probably. So, she leaned back in her chair, giving off that (in)famous bossy feeling she was well known for. It wasn't intentional, it was something that came to her naturally and often unnoticed by her.

Yet, looking at the flushed male that was nearly stuttering before her, elf maiden's gaze softened just the slightest, before changing into surprise as he revealed content of the bag. "That was very thoughtful of you," Mae said with sincerity, smile gracing her lips as she looked up to him. Even if he was trying to suck up to her for some reason or had ulterior motives, she was hungry. And he was, too, probably. He had been heading deeper into cafeteria area, not out of it, after all, bearing only a hot coffee cup. After, tiniest hesitation, she continued. "I am not a picky eater and there is entirely too much for me to eat alone so... Join me? My guess is that you have not eaten lunch yet as well."

The woman gestured at one of the chairs that he could pull up to her desk, on which she promptly moved some of the paper and file-reader piles from one side to another, so clearing more space. When Saith proceeded to compliment, she shot him a look, not quite approving (or truly disapproving) one, curiosity mixed in. "Thank you," she accepted automatically, being the polite person she was. Taking a delicate bite of the veggie wrap (not a vegetarian, but she guessed he'd probably like the meat one more), Mae considered his words. But before she managed to answer anything, he moved on to invite her for a meal out.

Had she had any less composure, she'd nearly choke on her bite then. The invite did completely blindside her, although it wasn't anything that uncommon. But Saith asking her... Asking her nearly on a date!?!? Fine, there was NOTHING common about that. He was known for playing around, but he had always kept his distance from her and by Sun, he looked flustered and anxious right now, nothing like the smooth charmer bad-boy girls swooned over. Well, at least not until that last sentence and she honestly didn't know if she liked the flustered or devious him better.

Wait, what?? She didn't like him in any way at any time! Still, she couldn't help but smirk slightly in return: "I will keep that in mind." Then she took another bite to stretch time and find polite way to reject his invitation. She just couldn't. Shouldn't. Didn't want to? Well, maybe she did. Just a bit. To see what was he up to. It couldn't be anything good, could it? "But as for your invite... I cannot. I am sorry. I have all of this," she lightly patted one of the file piles, "and more to deal with. The rest of the council is busy with their... personal preparations for the ball, you see." Why was she telling him the last part? Gah. Honestly, part of her just wanted to vent about their lazy backsides to someone. And, despite her good control over her expression and voice, there was a disappointed note in her rejection, betraying that perhaps she might have liked to go with him after all.

"Besides, you already thanked me," she added in brighter tone. It had been the most awkward thank you she had been victim to, but it still had happened. Tiny part of her wondered if he'd be persistent and ask about next Friday or some day after that, if she'd keep using the excuses... But he probably wouldn't. Not used to rejection, he'd move to next target. Keep your walls up and don't be fooled," she told herself.

Horses or lunch, that was the choice Silvana faced right now. She was slightly hungry, but the need to know if there were indeed some of the magnificent animals was stronger, so, with map on her data-pad, she tried to find some information of riding classes or something of the sort in the web. Sadly, all she found was goofy uni threads of jock jokes and fangirl squeels. Sighing, slightly frustrated, she put the pad away in her bag, the determination in her step not fading. A soft hum in her throat, she headed for the buildings on the side of sport area that perhaps could serve as stalls.

Marwo, of course, had been witness to all the ridiculousness that was Mae's and Saith's collision. Oh boy, if he was trying to get under sunshine's skirt, he was probably going about it in all the wrong ways. That stare could've incinerated the guy! But it was also highly amusing to watch them both and the save with video was pretty good. She noted to use it as embarrassment tool sometime, bringing it up and hyping the students about it, so the two had to come up with something to show. Now that'd be just malicious, but that's what they got for lying. Sipping her coffee, the despicable thing, she sat in her booth, eating something meaty and weirdly raw again, trying to decide what to do for the rest of the day.