View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 08-17-2015, 08:36 PM

His antics worked. She admitted she could use the help for, as she previously mentioned, it was no easy task to throw together a ball for so many diverse creatures and cultures. Hell, it would be unwise to step on toes or offend one by playing the wrong song or using the wrong color dishes!

Not losing composure, he smirked. "I knew it," there was a twist to his tone--it was surprisingly sweet, "you just couldn't resist me."

Me? Way to put his foot in his mouth! Too bad he didn't have time to kick himself for he had to think quick before she read into his comment wrong.

"After all, we all know drows are good at finding out everyone's little secrets." He scrunched his nose and chuckled lightly. He then cleared his throat and held his chin up, a sign of mockery when it came to drow and elves. "We are the devious elves that thrive on knowing everyone's business. Clearly making we the superior race for we know everything!"

"And yeah," he nodded. "My buddy Kev is competing. He loses whenever I'm not there. Claims I'm his 'good luck charm.'" He softened up and a sincere smile graced his features. Even his eyes showed no malice--they were completely at peace. "He and I have been through a lot. He's more of a brother to me than a friend. Can't imagine not having him in my life."

Saith, realizing that he was romanticizing his words too much, snorted. "Yes, we do cuddle on occasion. Can't be helped. We've a serious bromance going on." He held up a hand and turned his cheek. "No women allowed. It's Saith-Kev time only. If you want a threesome, you'll have to submit an application online at www.notgonnahappen.com."

Seriously, if anyone tried to steal Kev away from him, he would punch them in the face. Man or woman, Kev was his. All his!

Tabling her comment about the incident yesterday for he wasn't ready to admit that secret yet, he focused on the paperwork. Sliding the stack of folders onto his lap, he flipped open the one on top. "Avoid blue banners," he licked his thumb before peeling away a piece of paper from a stack of unmarked printer paper. That same hand dove into his pocket and clicked out a pen. In seconds, he was scribbling the note on the un-lined paper. "It's a sign of engagement for this culture. Unless someone's getting married, no blue banners or signs."

His eyes dipped back down into the folder. He scribbled a few little notes here and there--all with perfect penmanship (something not usually seen in men, let alone male drows!)--before taking a break about 20 minutes in.

"So it's not all about speed," his eyes flickered over the paper he held in his hand. "You're more of a quality over quickness kind of woman." He smirked. "Explains why so many are kicked to the curb." Saith didn't want to pry too much, but he couldn't help himself. It was that whole 'getting to know the 'enemy' thing that drows were so good at.

"Since you obviously have to go to the ball, any suitors less abrasive than the rest?" His pen rested against his chin. "I recall a rumor about that Prince Fletchry guy liking you. Seems like a decent human, if you're into humans." The devilish grin on his face said it all. "Besides, he's a prince." He laid a hand on his forehead and sighed softly. "However could a woman resist a man of..." he sighed again while flitting his lashes like a woman in love, "royalty."

Before Mae could offer a laugh, Saith was reeling over himself and gagging--purposely! When he was done being overly dramatic, he leaned back in his chair and brought those blue eyes back on her.

"You could probably bring a professor." He shrugged casually. "Not like you have to bring your boyfriend." Again, his guard dropped and that tender tone came back. He didn't look at her, instead he glazed in a dream-like manner at the rug.

"Kev and I will end up going together if we can't find dates. I've already declined some offers," he smirked lightly. "I need to make sure he has someone before I do. He's," Saith glanced up at Mae, "a real derp. One of those foot-in-mouth kind of guys. A ruggedly handsome athlete that all swoon over but a complete imbecile when it comes to flirting." Saith started grinning before breaking into a laugh. Cuing Mae in on the inside joke, he shared a story. "This one time, I heard him tell a woman she had 'nice legs.' The woman said, 'wanna touch?' He did and immediately rescinded his answer and said, 'woman, do you even shave?'" Saith was still laughing to the point where he was practically crying. "Seriously, who tells someone that? It's like asking to get slapped! Sure enough, she smacked him and I had to buy him ice cream and watch 27 Dresses to make him feel better."

With an eye roll, he completely forgot the whole purpose of his conversation and went back to look over the paperwork.

Last edited by Xavirne; 08-17-2015 at 08:40 PM..