View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 08-18-2015, 04:25 PM

Having lost his lunch date, Kev reluctantly wandered toward a different food venue. He didn't really want to bump into Saith and whoever his date was. Well, he did but Kev knew better than to meddle. Besides, when was the last time Saith actually had a general interest in someone? The only time that came to mind was this girl online.

She was a mod on a site they frequented. Kev was a relatively new user, really only joining because Saith had mentioned that there was a chick on there that was ideal for him. She was just the right amount of sassy and sweet--something Kev found himself drawn to. Saith, on the other hand, had his eyes set on the mod. It was completely against his character for the drow was all about himself, breaking rules, and do whatever he pleased. And yet, he was drawn to her. She was an enigma. Someone outside his realm and someone who he had never even considered liking.

Frankly, Kev loved it. He loved the idea of Saith finding an online partner that called him out of his bullshit but was also cute enough to keep him from storming off. They teased each other constantly and yet they never showed their faces. It was for an obvious reason--she was a mod. Having someone know her face could compromise her position and that just wouldn't do. Saith, who was surprisingly bashful about showing his, didn't push or pry. Was he nervous? Likely. Not everyone fond the black-skinned drows to be attractive.

"Tuna melt, please." He grabbed two apples and put them on a tray. Retreating to a refrigerator, he pulled out a pint of milk. It would do, for now.

As the tuna melt was prepared, he swiped his card and found his seat. Minutes later, his sandwich was delivered and he he jumped on the forum to pout about eating alone.
Life Issues
--> Bff ditched me for a woman </3
Was supposed to get lunch with my bro. He ditched me for a woman. I thought it was bros before hoes. Clearly #Scythe; has no respect for bros.
With that, he got off his phone and dove into his meal. He wolfed it down, wasting no time on getting back to the stables. He had much to prep for! He needed to brush Ruine down, change into his proper gear, and get her reigns put on so they matched his color scheme.

Eyes on the clock, he downed his milk and shoved the two apples into his bag. They weren't for him--they were for his mare, Ruine.

In just over ten minutes, he was walking back to the barn. Mind still racking over Saith's lunch date, he wondered just who the lucky woman was. He pulled up Facebook and Twitter to see if there was any news. Just one blurb about the school's campus life video, but that was about it. Just said that Saith was likely playing a role in it--big whoop.

Slowing his pace, he popped some earbuds in and listened to his favorite classical pieces. He had a whole playlist made of up violins, pianos, and whatever else sounded cool.

He needed to chill out and just enjoy the day. Today was supposed to be fun. Saith blowing him off wouldn't mar that--he would make certain of that!

Grin now in tow, he sauntered his way to the barn. About 20 minutes later at a very leisurely pace, he was there. Only, his horse wasn't. Brow hitching and earbuds now in his pocket, he drew his fingers to his mouth before letting out a quick whistle.

"Horse is out back," someone commented.

"Ah, thanks." A low growled rolled of his lip after he moved past the guy. He always hated how people just moved his horse whenever they wanted. He never touched theirs so why were they touching his.

With a hiss, he stammered into the dimly lit barn and made his way to the other side. "Oi, Ruine, I have some apples for you," he called down the echoing center aisle. "You also need to get hosed down and ready for this shindig."

Setting the apples down, Kev made mental note of the unoccupied changing room. Might be wise to nab it now and change before the rest showed up.

In and out he went. He no longer wore his gym shorts and form-fitting top. Instead, he was in very form-fitting white slacks with a crisp, clean black polo top. He had his black leather dress shoes on and a black belt tucked neatly through the belt holes on the pants. Lacing on his leather gloves, he reached back down to grab the apples before proceeding out to the back.

Making his way into the field behind the barn, he rolled his eyes up to spy...

"Excuse me, but unless you have a pass to be back here, I'm going to have to advice you to leave." Kevlar hastened his steps and as he drew nearer, he realized exactly who he was addressing.

"Eh," he bit his tongue. He didn't want to shoo her away but it was school policy. "I'm really sorry, but you have to stay on that side of the fence." His eyes shifted toward the white fence that she needed to move behind. "I'll let you pet her but if I'm caught with you in here, I'll get disqualified from my competition."