View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-12-2015, 06:09 PM

With the swirls of light, Aleu cast her gaze away. She wanted no part of that tablet so she purposely shut herself out. It was not her place to spy on the visions Faline would receive. If the woman wanted to share, she would. Besides, it wasn't hard to imagine what Faline could be seeing. Likely it would be the events leading up to their split.

As Faline came to, Aleu greeted her with a warming smile. "Why of course. You sacrificed your own escape so that your sister could flee. She successfully left the island and returned home to seek out a search party. She loves you dearly and is doing all she can to find you."

For a moment, Aleu toyed with her words. Should she be open and honest about the situation? Should she explain that Rory was on the island, seeking her now? That she had brought a Forest Unai with her to help aid her in the hunt? Or was it better to pass over that information, pretending she knew nothing. Would it keep Faline focused? Would it keep her safe? But what if she smelled the other Unai? Would that break the trust Aleu sought to create? Would it undo all she sought to achieve?

Dipping her head, the blonde banished her emotions. This wasn't about her. She didn't come here to befriend the Unai. She came here to save the island and to restore peace and balance. There was no need to stir up mayhem within the woman before her. It was best she not reveal that Rory was here. It was best she let the Unai go on thinking that her sister would come. When the time was right, Aleu could craft a story about how her sister arrived. Or she could lie, saying she never knew she was on the island the whole time.

"Your sister is here," Aleu's lips spoke the words she wanted to bury within. Knowing full-well that lying would undo all she had begun, the wolf-woman decided it was best to speak the truth. She would rather be honest with the fragile creature than misguide her. Faline was already in enough pain and lying wouldn't make her stronger.

"She's actually with my daughters and son. I know you wish to see her but," Aleu turned around, giving Faline a nice view of her back. Not wanting the woman to see the worry in her eyes, she continued on. "But I'm afraid if you chose to go with them, then I will no longer be able to help you. Even knowing you have a sister and seeing visions with her, I sense that your bond is still broken. Reuniting with her may restore it, but it will only be temporary. Upon your splitting, a piece of you was lost. Stolen. I'm trying to help you recover that."

Pivoting on her toes, Aleu's blue eyes sought out the Unai's glaze. "I will leave the choice in your hands. You can continue to unearth the truth with me or, if you prefer, try to discover it with your sister and my children." Her voice was solemn, almost remorseful. It wasn't fair to put such a choice on Faline, especially knowing little of what either outcome would ultimately result in. Still, she had a hunch.

"If you go with your sister, you might regain your memories. You might restore your bond. But I doubt you will discover the truth behind these monsters and how you've caused this island great pain."

The graveness in her voice and stare softened. "If you decide to stay with me, we will continue to seek out clues and begin to mend what has been broken. The process will be pure and true, ultimately resulting in balance and harmony for all." Lips pursed, she glanced away. "I cannot guarantee this if you seek out your sister."

Hands crossing over her chest, the blonde awaited the Unai's response. "Please know that, regardless of your choice, I am honored to have worked alongside you. Moreover, I believe in you. I know you can mend what has been broken. Just... just learn to open up and accept the faces around you. You will find peace in the arms of another--and not your sister or kin. As I have protected and guided you, so will another. So even if we part ways, you will never be alone."